Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Modern Day Grok Quits Meat page

shoreline is offline Member

Modern Day Grok Quits Meat

Primal Fuel
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...olesterol.html

Interesting Cholesterol finally took a toll and had to quit eating meat. This guy definitely has the skills to survive in Paleo times

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    I like how they claim his cholesterol would have been even higher if he didn't exercise. Hmmm... you sure about that, Daily Mail?

barryman9000 is offline Senior Member
    I would say that having a genetic disease that killed both your father and grandfather would be something to take seriously. However, I don't see any evidence that had they eaten a diet high in fruit, vegetables and whole grains (which is apparently what the Spartan's ate... really?) would have prolonged their lives.
    Last edited by barryman9000; 11-14-2010 at 01:19 PM. Reason: found it - hypercholesterolaemia

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shoreline View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...olesterol.html

Interesting Cholesterol finally took a toll and had to quit eating meat. This guy definitely has the skills to survive in Paleo times
    Who says he "had to quit eating meat"? You're just spouting CW nonsense. Troll?
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

barryman9000 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    Who says he "had to quit eating meat"? You're just spouting CW nonsense. Troll?
    Bear Grylls and his doctors said he had to stop eating meat. The real CW is the "belief" that the cholesterol is what killed his dad and grandfather.

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    Based on fruit, vegetables and wholegrains with as much raw food as possible and no animal fats or vegetable oils, it is a Spartan regime, but Bear has embraced it enthusiastically.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...#ixzz15Ips1Jbc
    Yeah based on wholegrains. If he was eating a lot of that before it sure could explain a lot, no? Inflammation causes pain and cholesterol problems. Someone should introduce him to the HeartScan Blog!

Adrianne is offline Senior Member
    I have a gigantic crush on that man. Maybe I'll introduce him to the HeartScan Blog. /naughty

kcult is offline Senior Member
    The article is from 2007? I wonder if there are any updates on his condition?

Bane is offline Senior Member
    The dude is pretty awesome, but you know what they say about things you can't unsee? I can't think of him without thinking of this video now. Sorry, Bear.

Adrianne is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane View Post
    The dude is pretty awesome, but you know what they say about things you can't unsee? I can't think of him without thinking of this video now. Sorry, Bear.
    I'd still hit it...hard.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast