Thread: Kind Bars page

BeingPrimal is offline Member

Kind Bars

Primal Fuel
    Anyone have any experience... yay's or nay's about them?

http://kindsnacks.com/kind-store/kind-bars

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Just from glancing at the ingredients in a couple of them, I noticed puffed rice and soy products, so definitely not primal. If you want a yummy treat while sticking to primal, you'd be better off with Lara bars, which are nothing but nuts and dried fruit.

erica057 is offline Senior Member
    I would just mix up some unsweetened dried fruit and raw nuts in a baggie and eat that, the Kind bars use straight glucose and glycerol to bind the bars together, and other bars use a ton of date paste and/or honey. Keeping in mind of course that dried fruit and nuts are a very calorie-dense snack if you don't watch your portions.
    My food blog ~ http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com
    My primal success story

"Boxing seems to contain so complete and so powerful an image of life -- life's beauty, vulnerability, despair, incalculable and often self-destructive courage -- that boxing IS life, and hardly a mere game." --Joyce Carol Oates

BeingPrimal is offline Member
    Thanks, I figured they tasted too good right off the bat. Not that I'm complaining about the lack of taste... I'll shut up. Thanks for the info though.

misathemeb is offline Member
    there are kind bars without the rice...the almond and cashew one and also the one that is only composed of nuts/date. i like them better than larabars because they are lower in carbs. more like 16-19g instead of nearly 30g with larabars. just don't buy the ones with the rice or soy bits