Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Bronners soap as shampoo page 4

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've been using a water only routine for a month and a half or so, and it's great. It looked kinda greasy when wet at first, but good when dry.
    After getting a boar bristle brush, it doesn't look greasy when wet either, so seems to be working just fine for me.
    My hair isn't that long though, so that factors in as well, I assume.

Bearcat is offline Junior Member
    Wellnessmama has some ideas for homemade/no shampoo
    Homemade Natural Beauty Products - 7 Ingredients and 20+ recipes | Wellness Mama

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Bearcat, wow, love that website, thx for posting.

Bearcat is offline Junior Member
    You're welcome . It is a good one - I originally found MDA through one of her links. Together they are a pretty great combination

Periwinkle is offline Senior Member
    Home : Chagrin Valley Soap and Salve

I like the Chagrin Valley shampoo bars.
    It's just another day in paradise
    As you stumble to your bed
    You'd give anything to silence
    Those voices ringing in your head
    You thought you could find happiness
    Just over that green hill
    You thought you would be satisfied
    But you never will-
    Learn to be still
    -The Eagles

oxide is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BennettC View Post
    I just started the baking soda wash/ ACV rinse a few days ago. My hair feels GREAT!
    Try both at the same time and report back.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

lule93 is offline Junior Member

Red face Dilute!!

Quote Originally Posted by betty74 View Post
    I saw in another thread that people use Dr. Bronner's as shampoo and it helps with dandruff. I have tried it the last 2 days and my hair feels icky. It feels like I have a bunch of product in it, kinda sticky, for lack of a better description. I rinsed really well both days and no conditioner after. All though I do use a spray on leave conditioner so I can get a comb through it. My hair is long, kinds thick, and curly/wavy. I like the idea of a natural shampoo, but my hair just feels gross. Any ideas or has anyone experienced this?
    Hey i just came across this post and i know its really old, but if you're willing to give dr bronners a shot again, you MUST dilute it. Us dreadheads completely run away from any product that causes build up because it gets stuck on the dreads. However, castile soap being a highly concentrated substance you need to dilute it. Otherwise it may be a bit obvious that it will leave residue in the hair. I would like you to watch a video on a dreaded girl that uses a pretty cool dr bronners dilution that includes a bit of drB, baking soda, a couple of drops of essential oils and of course, water. Here is the link: How I Wash My Dreadlocks - YouTube . I hope it's an option for you as well since essential oils and baking soda are harmless on the hair. Best of luck!

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    I use Dr. Bronner's with baking soda. I put a little of both in my hands and lather it up, and use just on my scalp. It works pretty well. I also noticed that Dr. Bronner's, by itself, made my hair "oily"--the word sticky would also describe it. But, adding the baking soda did the trick for me. I have long, fine, curly hair.

lule93 is offline Junior Member
    Baking soda added to the dilution or to the shampoo seems to soften up the thing and make it gentle for the hair..Baking soda rules. LOL

Jes24601 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Betty, I have been using Dr. Bronners in my hair for years and never had this problem UNTIL I used it in a home without a water softener. I discovered that without the sulfates it was the mixture of the soap not being fully rinsed out and the minerals in the hard water. Solution was to rinse with vinegar. It was kinda a pain, but it took care of the problem. Thankfully I only had to put up with it for a month. I'm big into running my hands through my hair and not being able o do that was driving me insane! Hope this helps!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast