Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Bronners soap as shampoo page 2

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    http://nopoohair.blogspot.com/ This has an explanation of why the conditioner works. My hair gets really oily too and this seems to work. I have been doing it for just over a week. When I tried no shampoo and just warm water I was a grease ball.

betty74 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NutMeg View Post
    http://nopoohair.blogspot.com/ This has an explanation of why the conditioner works. My hair gets really oily too and this seems to work. I have been doing it for just over a week. When I tried no shampoo and just warm water I was a grease ball.
    Interesting link NutMeg. Thanks for sharing.

Mainer is offline Senior Member
    I kinda get the same thing from their tea tree version, their baby shampoo version isn't as bad. Regardless, I use this brand and it rocks! It looks like a bar of soap but is actually shampoo.

http://www.jrliggett.com/
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Well... I have never used Dr.Bronners Castile soap but I have used mine!!! www.allnaturalsoapstore.com
    I do have customers who use it as shampoo. The soap nuts also work as shampoo. That is what they use in India. Its all natural and organic as well!

mozzy10 is offline Senior Member
    I agree with nutmeg on using conditioner only.

I have been using a silicone free conditioner for the last few months and my itchy red scalp has cleared up. About once a week I use regular shampoo or a plain bar of soap just to get the hair mousse residues off

Just for info; I have short, fine hair. Straight.
    YMMV if you have thicker hair.

http://www.wikihow.com/Wash-Your-Hair-Without-Shampoo

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by betty74 View Post
    Do you have any dandruff/psoriasis issues? That was the reason I was trying the Dr. Bronner's. I have tried to baking soda and vinegar in the past. Do you use the vinegar? I always thought my hair smelled like wet dog when I used the vinegar, but it felts awesome.
    No I haven't ever used the vinegar actually. I do deep condition my hair over night with coconut oil though, a few times a week. yes I have scalp issues. I'm not sure what it is really. I don't think it's psoriasis as I don't have big red patches underneath the flakes. It's kind of like really, really dry skin which flakes off if I scratch it. The more I scratch it the worse it gets. But it has improved since I stopped using regular shampoo. It's odd because my skin isn't dry anywhere else.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    I occasionally use Dr. Bronner's soap for shampoo, but generally I don't like the results. My hair feels...icky and looks really bad/limp/lifeless
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    I think soap just works perfectly well to wash some kinds of hair and not others. It doesn't work for me - sticky residue, yuck. I head to the health food shop and buy the mildest natural shampoo I can find, usually one that's sold especially for sensitive skin. I also use a cider vinegar + lavender oil rinse; the smell goes away completely once my hair dries.

One of the 'weird bonuses' of Primal is less oiliness. Hooray.

eltigabii is offline Member
    I have also tried Dr. Bronner's liquid soap on my hair.. did not like the way my hair felt. I was using some Alba shampoo before that, it was good. I still use Dr. Bronner's liquid soap for body wash.
    Do any of you dilute the soap?

Eklecktika is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It's alkaline. Very much so. If you have hard water, you will get buildup.

www.naturallycurly.com has a forum with a megaton of information on natural hair care, including terressentials and homemade recipes. Highly recommend it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast