Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Face moisturizer page

betty74 is offline Senior Member

Face moisturizer

Primal Fuel
    What do you ladies use for face moisturizer? I have been using coconut oil for many months and my face still is dry and flaky in spots. Plus it makes my bangs look greasy. Curious as to what others have used. I want something natural.

shadgal is offline Senior Member
    I do buy a natural moisturiser that is made in NZ ...but the other one that I use is organic rosehip oil. Not expensive, 4-6 drops on my hand and then rub hands together briefly to spread and then pat on my face. Gorgeous and absorbs quickly doesn't leave your skin greasy at all.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    at night, i use avocado or coconut oil. during the day, i use calendula oil (which is carried in a light almond oil). it is very light as well, but i only use a few drops.

avocado oil is great at night, as it repairs your skin and also prevents sun damage from occurring when you go out into the sun again. this is why i haven't burned in so long, but really don't have a 'tan' either. it's rather strange, really.

anyway, there's that.

QuirkyPixy is offline Senior Member
    I use a Hyaluronic Acid serum (AMAZING), then put emu oil on top to help lock the moisture in. My skin is super-Dry from Retin-A use, but this combo prevents flakes completely.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by betty74 View Post
    What do you ladies use for face moisturizer? I have been using coconut oil for many months and my face still is dry and flaky in spots. Plus it makes my bangs look greasy. Curious as to what others have used. I want something natural.
    I tend to go with evidence based skincare b/c I'm vain. lol

I often use a hyaluronic acid serum (reviva, mychelle and others)
    Tazarotene aka tazorac or tazaret (imported from India...supercheap....definitely effective)
    Eucerin Sensitive Skin Q10 cream (not the lotion, not the eye cream as those have ingredients I don't like)

You may just be needing some exfoliating:
    reviva glycolic acid renaissance cream 5%
    lactic acid/aspirin mask - 1T sour cream or full fat yogurt mixed with 1/4 tsp pulverized generic aspirin (the 99 kind b/c it's not coated)

Avoid topical 'vitamin E oil' as it is a common cause of dermatitis and can raise serum E beyond optimal levels.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I've been using coconut oil and really like it. I shower in the morning and put it on, then wait a little bit to do my makeup. Then I wash my face again before bed and put on coconut oil again. Seems to be working great.

betty74 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    I've been using coconut oil and really like it. I shower in the morning and put it on, then wait a little bit to do my makeup. Then I wash my face again before bed and put on coconut oil again. Seems to be working great.
    It was working great and I was loving it for months. Lately I have dry patches, pores look bigger, and skin feel rough. Not sure what is happening. I think I will try exfoliating like Cillakat mentioned. I am removing dairy and I am wondering if that is having some effect. ???

misathemeb is offline Member
    i use this by alba botanica: http://www.albabotanica.com/?id=58&pid=371 lasts forever and i only use a dime size amount for my whole face

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    for some reason, coconut oil dries my skin out. *shrug*

for a natural yet still effective line of skincare, I really like Mychelle.

K

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Lizzie125 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    A greek brand called Korres is a little pricey, but organic with natural ingredients (and use by dates--usually about 6 months in the future). They make a variety of things for the face and body. Oak and quercetin products are nice; they also make something with rose hips that I liked.

If you want supernatural, try Kamillosan camomile cream. Amazing. It is from Germany I think.

Finally, Dr. Hauschka also makes some good all natural ingredients.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast