Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using Coconut Oil page

primalbrew is offline Junior Member

Using Coconut Oil

Primal Fuel
    So I got my first jar of coconut oil - it is the nutiva and even though i don't like the coconut - I find this is very mild and will have no problem with the flavor. I tried adding it to my coffee as others have mentioned, but I really don't care for how it just floats on top and all I get is big swig of oil and no coffee. I plan on using for cooking eggs and in smoothies also. Can anyone recommend other ideas to use it? I will probably stick mostly to breakfast time - as I am the only one currently in the house consuming it (family of 5), so it won't get incorporated into dinner. (Not sure if I can just eat a spoonful either)

Thanks in advance...

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Its an oil. Use it whenever you would use vegetable oil. Especially if the flavor is mild. I cook with co all the time.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    I still can't eat it by the spoonful either--neither the taste nor the mouth-feel work for me!

Particularly now I've gone dairy-free, I use it any time I would have used butter or (pre-primal) olive oil for cooking. The only other fat I cook with is bacon fat.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

grokka is offline Senior Member
    I use it to panfry sweet potatoes. With cinnamon and salt it is delicious.

Grizz is offline Banned
    The ladies have said it makes a GREAT sex lubricant.

Mrs Grizz & I tried it, and it was indeed better than anything made by K-Y, but still not as good as our favorite SYLK.

Grizz

betty74 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lizch View Post
    I still can't eat it by the spoonful either--neither the taste nor the mouth-feel work for me!

Particularly now I've gone dairy-free, I use it any time I would have used butter or (pre-primal) olive oil for cooking. The only other fat I cook with is bacon fat.
    +1
    It is really good on acorn squash with some pepper. I think even better than butter.

I also use it as a moisturizer.

junebu8 is offline Senior Member
    Mix with cocoa and nuts/almond flour, scoop into balls and freeze for 'truffles' or energy bars, however it suits you to look at them. Use for frying stuff, in baked goods if you eat baked goods, make the coconut oil/egg/coconut cream coffee creamer posted a few days ago, melt a few tablespoons and toss with root veggies and spices for oven roasting (yeah, not very breakfasty), put in noatmeal.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Swish Coconut Oil in your mouth for 20 minutes to detoxify, whiten teeth, prevent tooth decay and much more. This is called Oil Pulling: Do not swallow because it is full of toxins.
    http://www.suite101.com/content/how-...health-a285932
    http://www.infobarrel.com/Oil_Pulling_with_Coconut_Oil

Grizz

jem51 is offline Senior Member
    you can use it to make mayo.
    i still don't like my eggs cooked in CO but have acquired enough of a taste for it so can use it almost everwhere else.
    i melt some and flow it into my smoothies, as well.
    don't like it ruining my coffee but it's good in tea.
    be a little careful about consuming too much at once.....when i first started using it, i got nauseated and had to start over w a lesser amt.

carlh is offline Senior Member
    This is silly and fairly juvenile but one of my most favorite things about coconut oil is that it's solid at room (my) temperature. I LOVE whapping a dollop into a skillet and watching it melt in seconds

Sorry, very irrelevant. Just one of those little things in life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast