Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sorry guys, boob question, one for the ladies page

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member

Question Sorry guys, boob question, one for the ladies

Primal Fuel
    So, I am mid-cycle for the second time since starting PB and I have very tender breasts. I'm used to this occasionally happening pre but not mid.
    I'm sure that I've read about prostaglandins requiring O6 fatty acids and am wondering if the decrease in my intake or my more even O6/O3 ratio may be to blame.
    Or maybe it's just one of those things and is unrelated to my WOE.

Any thoughts?

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Sorry, can't relate. My boobs are impervious to pain.

Peggy is offline Senior Member
    How old are you? Are you on any type of (hormonal) BC?
    Because it might not be related to food...
    For me personally, I never had a problem until after 40 - when I entered perimenopause. Then I would get pains so bad I hated to take my bra off for 2days. I used an OTC natural progesterone cream (Fem Cream) and problem solved! (along with a bunch of other symptoms)

However, on a "food related" note, prior to going PB I had first of all been way under weight (depression weight loss) by over 20lbs and my breasts kinda shriveled up. When I started to put the weight back on, they got a little painful as the "filled back up"...

hope that helps some...

junebu8 is offline Senior Member
    I've had that issue with certain supplements before, so if you started anything recently, that could be it. Most notably, I noticed tenderness with maca root (and a whole host of other side effects, some fun, some distracting and some wacky).

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    Breast tenderness can be a result of ovulation. The hormone surge after O can cause it. I see it as a good thing, and yes it happens to me more now that i am primal. If you are ever trying to conceive, the feelings you will get after Oing can be very convincing that you are pregnant when it is really just the extra progesterone that ovulation triggers when you have good hormone balance.

For me this was a good thing because it increased my luteal phase from 9-10 days to 11-12, which is much more normal.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    do you wear a bra?

it could also be excessive lymph and such. check out: http://www.brafree.org. This is a web site by a doctor--a holistic health one--who advocates going bra free (like our cave-woman fellows?). I've been bra free for about 3-4 months now, and it's going well. I'm 34 B-C (depends upon DS's nursing cycle; he's two, but still nursing a fair bit. growth spurt!).

i would rarely have tender breasts, but i did notice they were moreso when i would wear a bra for most of the day, and have not been sore at all since going braless (except for acrobatic nursing related use).

might be worth checking out.

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    well, I never really had breast tenderness or anything before primal. 3 months into this WOE though I started getting tenderness and a small painful lump in one breast before my periods mostly, it comes and goes so... I don't know. I kinda freaked out thinking that all the extra hormones in the extra meat I was eating was throwing my body off balance. I actually cut back on meat and started eating more fish and have completely eliminated sugar and that seems to be helping, wasn't really painful this month before my period. I don't think anything is completely unrelated to what we eat. I think as the immune system gets stronger and hormones rebalance themselves after years of things being out of whack or suppressed it can sometimes appear that new health problems are cropping up or things that were already there may get temporarily worse. But, that's it and it should be temporary. That's my theory anyway

Mog
    Mog is offline Senior Member
    Katie82 - hate to state the obvious but I hope you are getting that lump checked out...

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    do you wear a bra?

it could also be excessive lymph and such. check out: http://www.brafree.org. This is a web site by a doctor--a holistic health one--who advocates going bra free (like our cave-woman fellows?). I've been bra free for about 3-4 months now, and it's going well. I'm 34 B-C (depends upon DS's nursing cycle; he's two, but still nursing a fair bit. growth spurt!).

i would rarely have tender breasts, but i did notice they were moreso when i would wear a bra for most of the day, and have not been sore at all since going braless (except for acrobatic nursing related use).

might be worth checking out.
    No she's not wearing a bra - she has them tied up with 2 bits of wet dental floss. And what the hell are you doing still nursing a 2-year-old...?! What's a growth spurt gotta do with anything? Are you incapable of preparing him real food...?! Are you still gonna be 'tittying' him when he starts school because 'he's a growing lad'?! He'll still be growing at 12 - will you be still suckling him then...?! You should really have weaned him off the breast by now!

Yes, I'm grumpy. It's the weather. I'll probably be grumpy all week (just so's you know).

Katie - I agree with Mog. You MUST see your GP about that lump, PDQ. My mother's lost 2 close friends to BC (both older than you - I assume that 82's your YoB and you're 28?)

Breakthrough has an excellent 'Signs & Symptoms' guide here (http://breakthrough.org.uk/breast_ca..._symptoms.html) and their 'TLC' (Touch, Look, Check) guide can be found here (http://breakthrough.org.uk/breast_ca...ess/index.html).

I was rather close to the friend my mum lost most recently - she was a wonderful lady; it might be a bit of a cliche, but you really wouldn't have known how ill she was (she had a wicked sense of humour - her car had a personal plate: 'PENI 5').

Right I need coffee!
    La tristesse durera toujours...

Mog
    Mog is offline Senior Member
    Zoebird - damn, you appear to be new-ish.

Look if you haven't been lurking for while to know what Shrinking Violet can be like, then check out a few of her posts before you take offense to her outburst about your decision to nurse your son at that age. [Altho admittedly a lot of her more offensive posts may have been removed by the mods, and you may find it difficult to follow the sunsequent reactions - keep that in mind if something seems to be missing]

It is none of our business how you decide to nurse your son, but please don't think you will cop abuse like that from any of the other members. It is a very supportive open minded helpful community. I just wanted to say that in case SV's response has offended you and you think it is typical of the forum and are scared away. Sorry...

SV - seriously? because of all the experience you have nursing children?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast