Thread: Dr Eades points out the blatent bias in an anti-low-carb article in Heartwire page

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member

Dr Eades points out the blatent bias in an anti-low-carb article in Heartwire

Primal Fuel
    This stuff pisses me off....

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/l...low-carb-bias/

This is why I don't believe we will see CW change in my lifetime. When those in positions of power don't even care to see the issue researched and studied, how can progress be made?

Debbie is offline Senior Member
    I haven't read it yet. But I don't get pissed off.

See, there's people like us that are skeptical ... and, on the whole, we take ownership of our choices. We get annoyed with people that piss and moan when the world doesn't spin their way. That's cool. I roll my eyes and move on.

When I was a wee lass of 18 in the military, and I had attended my third commander's call, I realized that I was being indoctrinated. Big Brother wanted to instill me with a commie fear and make me neurotic, so they could make me a puppet in their scary cold war.

Know what? It's not just in politics. The machine is gonna probe and poke you, to find your weaknesses. Don't indulge them. You are far more aware than the average Jane, and you live your life. You don't just talk the talk ... you walk the walk! And people will notice, and they will ask questions. It's a quiet movement ... you don't have the wide audience that the media enjoys ... you don't have the pull of the FDA. So what?

People that want to know will seek ... will find. They will not be satisfied with what's out there for the masses.

Besides, if you stress about this, you'll start drowning in cortisol. No good! You just be true to yourself and the ripples will affect more people than you can even imagine.

best wishes =)

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    how can the evil overlords keep getting richer if they're killing the people who give them money for life saving drugs? i don't think they're thinking this one through too clearly

localad is offline Senior Member
    You just be true to yourself and the ripples will affect more people than you can even imagine.
    That is such good advice.

Mind you, it's a great feeling to occasionally outwit a narrowminded CW arsesole!
    activate the rhythm, the rhythm that has always been within

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    how can the evil overlords keep getting richer if they're killing the people who give them money for life saving drugs? i don't think they're thinking this one through too clearly
    But that depends, do our evil overlords really want more money or are they interested in something else?

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    Because there are always more victims to replace the fallen. The very sad thing is that their foot soldiers, the medicos on the frontline, are very sincere and believe they are doing good
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I do try not to let it bother me, but blatent and deliberate ignorance pisses me off regardless of the subject matter. The attitude of "this is my opinion, don't confuse me with the facts" has always really irritated me. I have fairly strong beliefs in this way of life, but I have come to it via years of research and I continue to be open to other opinions and read continuously to stay current.

That being said, it doesn't irritate me enough to release a flood of cortisol either. I'm a pretty laid-back chick most of the time

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    Because there are always more victims to replace the fallen. The very sad thing is that their foot soldiers, the medicos on the frontline, are very sincere and believe they are doing good
    I try to keep this in mind when I get angry at doctors. I have to remind myself that, most of them anyway, think they are doing what is best to help. Think of all the things you read about doctors doing hundreds of years ago and you say "Oh my god, that is crazy!", but those doctors wanted to help their patients, they just didn't know any better. I wonder if in a hundred years medical students will be sitting in class laughing, saying "Can you believe back then they said to eat low fat, and to eat lots of whole grains, and prescibed statins? That's just crazy!"

As far as the bad research in the press, all you can do is debunk it and keep spreading the word about the good research. And like Debbie said, you walk the walk. When people see you and want to know how you do it, you tell them. Maybe they listen, maybe they don't. It's no use to beat anyone over the head with. People won't change unless they really want to, and only then will be open to the answer.

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
    I haven't read it yet. But I don't get pissed off.

See, there's people like us that are skeptical ... and, on the whole, we take ownership of our choices. We get annoyed with people that piss and moan when the world doesn't spin their way. That's cool. I roll my eyes and move on.

When I was a wee lass of 18 in the military, and I had attended my third commander's call, I realized that I was being indoctrinated. Big Brother wanted to instill me with a commie fear and make me neurotic, so they could make me a puppet in their scary cold war.

Know what? It's not just in politics. The machine is gonna probe and poke you, to find your weaknesses. Don't indulge them. You are far more aware than the average Jane, and you live your life. You don't just talk the talk ... you walk the walk! And people will notice, and they will ask questions. It's a quiet movement ... you don't have the wide audience that the media enjoys ... you don't have the pull of the FDA. So what?

People that want to know will seek ... will find. They will not be satisfied with what's out there for the masses.

Besides, if you stress about this, you'll start drowning in cortisol. No good! You just be true to yourself and the ripples will affect more people than you can even imagine.

best wishes =)
    You, Debbie, have won the internet! Best thing I've read in a while!!!