Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Katzilla's Primal Journal page

katzilla is offline Senior Member

Katzilla's Primal Journal

Primal Fuel
    1st Month Results:

It's been about a month since going primal and I've dropped 14 lbs. This is particularly ridiculous when you consider that I just can't manage to lose weight while breastfeeding. It took me a year to lose the baby weight from my first daughter, and almost all of that was at the end.

This has been the most effortless and awesome change ever. It turns out I probably have celiac disease, since cutting out grains I haven't had any IBS symptoms at all.

I have no desire to cheat since it will most likely mean dizziness, living on the toilet and if I have dairy or soy my baby gets really, really sick for a week or two. Pain is such a great motivator.

I started at a size 16 and I'm now in a 12. In a month. Holy crap.

I still have a bit of weight to lose. 20lbs and I will be at my pre-pregnancy weight but ideally I would like to be around 130. But honestly weight is just a number. I want to feel, sleep and eat better.
    5 foot 5 female.
    Starting weight 187 (10/4/10)
    Got knocked up; Had 3rd babby.
    Current weight 128 (8/20/2012)
    Goal weight 150 (pre-pregnancy weight); Goal weight #2 135 (ideal); Newest goal? RIPPED. I WANNA BE RIPPED.

"Bring a knife to a gun fight--stab them while they're laughing"
    "You were born a winner- you were the fastest sperm"
    I prefer to take life advice from courage wolf

LessofMimi is offline Senior Member
    WTG! Those are some awesome results for your first month! Keep up the great work!
    Melissa Fritcher - 330/252/150
    http://lessofmimi.wordpress.com
    Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    That is awesome! My goal is a 12, I am one size away, but I have been stuck there for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by NutMeg View Post
    That is awesome! My goal is a 12, I am one size away, but I have been stuck there for a while.
    I was looking at your body fat makeover and holy crap you've done awesomely too!

I hate plateaus don't you? Eventually you end up dropping more but it's so frustrating while you're in one. Hang in there!
    5 foot 5 female.
    Goal weight 150 (pre-pregnancy weight); Goal weight #2 135 (ideal); Newest goal? RIPPED. I WANNA BE RIPPED.

Quote Originally Posted by LessofMimi View Post
    WTG! Those are some awesome results for your first month! Keep up the great work!

Thanks so much! I see you're totally kicking ass too!
    5 foot 5 female.

Today I gathered up most of my maternity clothes and put them in a box. I would have set fire to them and danced around them joyously, but having another kid is not out of the realm of possibility. I was using them like a crutch, really. I still have some of my shirts, but I really just like them and they're not horrendously unflattering.

I also got a belt for the pants I bought a few weeks ago and some new underwear.

I've been eating a lot of coconut lately (Cream, flakes and oil), and I am starting to believe that it really does good things for your metabolism. After I eat some I feel like I am on fire for a few hours later.

And sleep has been a pain in the rear, or rather the tiny infant who sleeps next to me is going through a growth spurt. She nursed 7 times last night. Oh well, it won't always be this way.

Sleeping hasn't been going so hot since my little one hit the 4 month sleep regression. She's suddenly too good for naps and she's waking up to eat at least 7 times a night. This baby stage doesn't last long, so I guess we'll just power through it.

Despite that the scale was down 2 more pounds this morning. I've been walking and maybe that's helping. I've also been meditating when I can't sleep.

This morning was cold and I really wanted a hot breakfast so I got some unsweetened coconut cream and mixed in some unsweetened shredded coconut, then I mixed in a packet of stevia and heated it up. It did the trick. I'm cool with a life without oats.
    5 foot 5 female.

Down to 169 today! I'm so glad to have finally broken the 170 barrier. I actually used a carb refeed (sweet potatoes!) to do it, but it was a very slight refeed. Normally I keep the carbs around 60-70, and I brought it up to about 150 for 2 days. It worked like a charm.

Some crazy stuff is happening with my period. It's a week late and I'm never late, but a HPT says negative. I'm only about 4.5 months postpartum and exclusively breastfeeding but it's been regular since 6 weeks pp. My body usually kicks butt at being regular. We've been using condoms, as I am SO over HBC. Like I need more hormones! Uggh. But I feel pregnant. I wonder if it's just paranoia. Maybe it's late because of all of the weight loss? IDK I hope it shows up because it would be mighty soon to be pregnant again.

I know this is whack but I think I would be sad if I'm not too... I am so cray cray
    Last edited by katzilla; 12-03-2010 at 06:59 AM.
    5 foot 5 female.

TAWFUNGUY is offline Senior Member
    Outstanding! Way to go!

Signature Approved by Mark Sisson

Thanks Tawfunguy!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast