Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Katzilla's Primal Journal page 8

katzilla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spughy View Post
    Hey you rock! I just got knocked up too. Right now in the midst of gross nausea and fatigue, but trying to not eat crap.

Awesome job on everything! And congrats on the new kid!

Thanks and Thanks!

Congrats on your pregnancy! And so sorry you're feeling crappy. It's amazing how much growing a tiny human takes out of you.
    5 foot 5 female.
    Starting weight 187 (10/4/10)
    Got knocked up; Had 3rd babby.
    Current weight 128 (8/20/2012)
    Goal weight 150 (pre-pregnancy weight); Goal weight #2 135 (ideal); Newest goal? RIPPED. I WANNA BE RIPPED.

"Bring a knife to a gun fight--stab them while they're laughing"
    "You were born a winner- you were the fastest sperm"
    I prefer to take life advice from courage wolf

sarahz is offline Senior Member
    Just found your journal and your weightloss is amazing. I just sent you a private message I hope you don't mind just wanted some tips on your exercising and diet etc. I'm primal and exercise heaps but just can't drop a few kgs.

I'm still losing weight and not trying, which is kind of the bomb. I'm around 131 right now which feels pretty legit. I'm working on trying to put on some muscle, and that's going pretty well too.

I bought myself a pull up bar for my birthday (I'm turning 29 in a few days.) I thought that I would suck hard at pull ups and chin ups but it turns out that all of my planking and pushups have paid off. I'm really proud of myself. I put the bar up in a doorway near the stairs and every time I pass the stairs (when Im not holding a kid) I make myself do some work.

I have some loose skin woes. I know for a fact it's skin because it's paper thin. Actually it looks like scrotum on my tummy. After extensive research I've decided to try 6gs of MSM + Vit C, and K2. I hope it helps. I don't love the idea of surgery. My abs are back together after lots of hard work so it would kind of be ridiculous. Everything I've read about loose skin has been so dire so I figure the situation might be hopeless and that makes me sad. I'll give it two years before going under the knife.

Well, that was dismal. Meh.
    5 foot 5 female.
    Goal weight 150 (pre-pregnancy weight); Goal weight #2 135 (ideal); Newest goal? RIPPED. I WANNA BE RIPPED.

spughy is offline Senior Member
    Don't stress the floppy skin! I think you're doing AWESOME. Giving yourself 2 years is entirely sensible, I'm sure it'll sort itself out by then. Also, it could be more pregnancy-related than weight-loss-related - I know a woman who was super-skinny but she had a bit of floppy tummy skin just from being pregnant. Wear it as a badge of honor, like stretch marks, and choose your swim attire wisely ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by spughy View Post
    Don't stress the floppy skin! I think you're doing AWESOME. Giving yourself 2 years is entirely sensible, I'm sure it'll sort itself out by then. Also, it could be more pregnancy-related than weight-loss-related - I know a woman who was super-skinny but she had a bit of floppy tummy skin just from being pregnant. Wear it as a badge of honor, like stretch marks, and choose your swim attire wisely ;-)

Haha yeah, I know I should try to find the zen in it, but I have a six pack under there. You can see it on the sides and above the skin and it kills me. I always wanted one. Now I have one and only I know it's there.

But I wouldn't take those babies back for the world, haha. It was worth it.
    5 foot 5 female.

So I'm making some strength gains! I can finally do reverse pushups. I can hold it for a minute and a half, too. Last week I couldn't, so I am pretty pleased with myself. I spent a bit of time in the last week working my arms to muscle failure, and it paid off.

My flexibility is getting a lot better too. I'm working very hard on being about to do Bhujapidasana, I still lack some of the core and upper body strength to pull it off, but I think I will have it soon if I work hard enough. So that's my goal for this week.

I finally can do Utthita Hasta Padangustasana!
    5 foot 5 female.

It's been a minute since I've posted here...

So, I finally rewarded myself with a tummy tuck. All that loose skin from my ridiculous weight loss is gone. I tried pretty much all the other ways to get rid of it (MSM *barf, gelatin, blah blah blah) and I wish I had just saved up for the surgery instead.

Anyway, it looks amazing. There's a big scar from hip to hip, but every scar I had before is gone, AND my belly button is visible and not hidden under a sharpee (sp? IDK that much about dogs) I'm swollen and will be for a few months, but I feel so much better.

They didn't even have to do any liposuction, because I had very little stomach fat. Oh paleo, how I love you! Easiest weight loss ever, and effortless maintenance.
    5 foot 5 female.

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Wow, I just read through your whole journal and you have made fantastic progress and you look wonderful!!

Hopefully a "minute" from now I'll be ripped too! :-)
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 224
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

Thanks Dcarr! It will happen sooner than you think! You can do it!
    5 foot 5 female.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    image.jpg
    This is my stomach now! I've been doing insanity for a month and a half and I'm still eating primal. My goal is to get a six pack for a few weeks and then let it go. I've always wanted one, I worked so hard to get one in college but the chronic cardio and breadscapade never worked out for me. .

I took this pic after dinner (a huge one) and a week before my period. I'm sure it's going to get better than this, but if not, I am still very happy with my progress.

Anyway, I don't want to have one long term because who wants to live like that? I'd rather not knit pick my diet too much.

I'm still happy with my tummy tuck decision. I didn't have lipo
    Last edited by katzilla; 11-02-2013 at 12:35 PM.
    5 foot 5 female.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678