Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Katzilla's Primal Journal page 7

katzilla is offline Senior Member
    I feel so good. This is completely unlike my other pregnancies. I have energy, I feel sick for like 30 seconds and then it passes. I wonder if it's having stable blood sugar?

I will be primal during the pregnancy, I feel like it's the smartest option. I need to remain strong and lean especially because my husband leaves for a year in the fall. So I have to be on the ball, strong and able of taking care of 3 small children. I can't gain my usual eleventy billion pounds during the pregnancy, I just can't.

I've gained a few pounds, which I assume is water weight because I've been drinking so much water that it's obscene. But since I'm doing whole 30, I've been eating so healthfully, and I feel just great. I've been eating meat in the morning, an entire plate of butter/bacon fried veggies for lunch, nuts for a snack, meat and veggies for dinner, and for desert- fruit. At first my hunger was obscene but now it feels a lot more under control. I really hope I can keep it together this time.

Oh, and I think I feel the baby moving, so that makes me like 9 weeks-ish? IDK, they're going to do an ultrasound soon. I'm starting to get excited about this baby.

spughy is offline Senior Member
    If you feel the baby moving you're a lot further along than 9 weeks! That's great you're feeling so good too. If you stay away from the starchy and sugary stuff you should be fine.

Nursing's only effective as a contraceptive if you're still exclusive - and I'm gonna go ahead and assume that with all the tasty goodness you've been cooking up, your littlest one is not still limited to the boob juice. Your boobs notice things like that, and they tell your ovaries there's room for more. Damn boobs, tattling on you like that.

gojirama is offline Senior Member
    Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by spughy View Post
    If you feel the baby moving you're a lot further along than 9 weeks! That's great you're feeling so good too. If you stay away from the starchy and sugary stuff you should be fine.

Nursing's only effective as a contraceptive if you're still exclusive - and I'm gonna go ahead and assume that with all the tasty goodness you've been cooking up, your littlest one is not still limited to the boob juice. Your boobs notice things like that, and they tell your ovaries there's room for more. Damn boobs, tattling on you like that.
    How dare they! Must be in cahoots or something, haha. Yeah she's loving her solids now. We started baby led weaning (So very primal) and she's shoveling bananas, sausage and meat into her mouth like she's starving. That kid loves her some food. Just like mama!
    5 foot 5 female.
    Starting weight 187 (10/4/10)
    Got knocked up; Had 3rd babby.
    Current weight 128 (8/20/2012)
    Goal weight 150 (pre-pregnancy weight); Goal weight #2 135 (ideal); Newest goal? RIPPED. I WANNA BE RIPPED.

"Bring a knife to a gun fight--stab them while they're laughing"
    "You were born a winner- you were the fastest sperm"
    I prefer to take life advice from courage wolf

Thanks!
    5 foot 5 female.
    Goal weight 150 (pre-pregnancy weight); Goal weight #2 135 (ideal); Newest goal? RIPPED. I WANNA BE RIPPED.

So it turns out that I'm 10 weeks pregnant this week, which makes me due sometime around December 10. So far I've been failing at staying primal during the pregnancy. I'm about 60/40, but I am losing weight. Go figure. With the (admittedly easier) but still present morning sickness, I've been eating some rice and some corn, which is my 40% failing. In 2 weeks when the placenta has taken over I'm going back to 100% primal. Because my husband will be gone when the baby is born, and I have two kids already (2 and 10 months) I need to stay in top shape. I stopped my sprints, which breaks my heart a little. I read that HIIT is dangerous for pregnant women and that makes me sad.

I found a midwife and I plan at birthin' at home again. I am never laying on my back with gravity against me to deliver a baby for someone else's convenience. Not gonna happen.

Also it's true what they say about your abs just giving up when you're pregnant with your 3rd. You can see my ribs and strangers are asking me when the baby is due. WTF.
    5 foot 5 female.

Just checkin in. About 8lbs gained at 20 weeks pregnant, which is amazing for me. With my first by now I had gained 20, and my 2nd I had gained 15. I have so much more energy this time, which is crucial because my husband is leaving for Afghanistan soon and I will be the sole carer for our 1 year old and almost 3 year old. My arms are still pretty ripped despite not much exercise beyond lifting the kids all the time, and heck, they need to be so I can carry both of them up the stairs on my hips(20lbs and 30lbs on the other side.)

Here's my 20 week photo:

And here's my favorite photo ever: I am skinny enough that you can actually see my uterus when it contracts. Never, in a million years did I think I could do something like this. I hope to gain 25-30lbs total and I am right on track. Staying smaller will help me recover faster, which is necessary when you can't anticipate any help. Also my husband's mid-tour leave coincides with a month after the baby's birth and if I'm lookin good again by that point it will be a huge bonus.

I found out I'm expecting a boy, which is also something I never thought possible. I have two girls already and thought for sure it would be another girl since they seem to come in 3s. I wonder if it had to do with the fabulously high caloric diet and all the delicious meat I eat.

Also amazing? I still fit in my size 8 jeans, and have yet to need to break out the maternity clothes.
    5 foot 5 female.

You. are. awesome.

I didn't die. I rocked that pregnancy, only gained 32lbs lost it all in two months. I just hit my goal weight of 136lbs 2 weeks ago and I'm sitting at 134. I cut booze, sweetener and most processed food out of my life. Once a day I have a treat: sorbet or a mocha or some shit.

This is me now:

This was me then:

My current goals are: To get ripped, sleep more, and get good at yoga.

Yoga makes me feel like there's a fire in my heart.

When my husband gets back from Afghanistan I am going to start sprinting and crossfit. Like a boss.
    5 foot 5 female.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey you rock! I just got knocked up too. Right now in the midst of gross nausea and fatigue, but trying to not eat crap.

Awesome job on everything! And congrats on the new kid!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast