Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Katzilla's Primal Journal page 3

katzilla is offline Senior Member
    It's my husband and my 4th wedding anniversary today and we're celebrating with some delicious looking grass-fed beef NY strips. I stood at the store and marveled at their marbling for like forever. Then the butcher guy and I talked meat for a while. I think I'm going to make some acorn squash with it.

IDK why, but I am starving again today. So far I've eaten: 2 Tonka bars (which are amazing, btw), a bunch of carrots, a buttload of pumpkin seeds and some bbq'd pulled pork.
    I just pulled out the big guns... I'm now eating some damned coconut oil.
    Last edited by katzilla; 12-30-2010 at 01:24 PM. Reason: my clumsy fingers. grr.

I've decided that I am going to ditch artificial sweeteners again. They're kind of my Achilles heel. I know exactly how terrible they are and why they're bad for me but I keep going back to my diet coke because I am extremely dumb. I've made it all of today with none, and I feel like I ate way less.

I just bought "Why we get fat" yesterday. I haven't really read any Taubs yet, but since going primal my belief in "calorie restriction=weight loss" has gone down the tubes.

I also ordered some of those Tanka bites. They're awesome. <3

Down another 2 lbs! That's 23 lbs in 2 and a half months!
    5 foot 5 female.
    Starting weight 187 (10/4/10)
    Got knocked up; Had 3rd babby.
    Current weight 128 (8/20/2012)
    Goal weight 150 (pre-pregnancy weight); Goal weight #2 135 (ideal); Newest goal? RIPPED. I WANNA BE RIPPED.

"Bring a knife to a gun fight--stab them while they're laughing"
    "You were born a winner- you were the fastest sperm"
    I prefer to take life advice from courage wolf

I just ate an entire pack of bacon by myself, and I feel extremely good about that decision.

It's my 3 month anniversary of being primal and I think I am going to propose to it. I want to live this way forever.

Any diet that makes me feel not guilty about eating bacon is a keeper. <3
    Last edited by katzilla; 01-04-2011 at 11:27 AM.

For my 3 month anniversary post, I am going to post pics.

I went from this:

To this:

5 foot 5 female.
    Goal weight 150 (pre-pregnancy weight); Goal weight #2 135 (ideal); Newest goal? RIPPED. I WANNA BE RIPPED.

spughy is offline Senior Member
    Nice work! You look fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by spughy View Post
    Nice work! You look fabulous.
    Thanks! I give all the credit to bacon, which apparently made me lose 4lbs today! I ate a whole pack yesterday by myself!
    5 foot 5 female.

My husband left for airborne school today and will be gone for 3 weeks so I am going to work on losing more weight while he's gone to look better for him when he gets back. I always feel bad because I think he's haaaawt and I look like crap on a stick after having babies. I'm going to start taking better care of myself. Maybe even wax my caterpillar eyebrows. I made a big step by packing up all of my maternity and frumpy clothes. I will no longer leave the house in sweats. I might even put on makeup.

I've decided that I am going to deal with non-specific cravings by eating coconut oil. I fry lots of things in it, but I rarely just eat it by the spoonful. But I should, so I am going to. We'll see if this curbs my "bored" eating because it's just one flavor. It also should fill me up without raising insulin levels.

Lately I have been sabotaged by buffalo jerky. Specifically the Tonka bites that Mark recommended. They are so delicious it's horrific. And at a whopping 7g of sugar in one scant serving (4 bites, do you know anyone that can only eat 4 measly bite-sized bites of beef jerky?)
    Well they make me hungry. So hungry I eat the whole bag (210 calories, but 21g of carbs.) Then I get hungry for more things. So I won't be buying them again. (They were cray-cray expensive too at $6 for 3 servings.) I can do without.

I also started exercising. All of my weight loss thus far has been without exercise. But even if it doesn't help me lose weight, it feels good.
    5 foot 5 female.

spughy is offline Senior Member
    Make your own beef jerky. Less crap, more tasty. I slice a lean roast thinly (partially frozen meat works best but it does make your fingers cooooold!) and marinate it for 12 hours or so in a 3:2 ratio of tamari sauce and maple syrup. That sounds like a lot of maple syrup, but it ends up being way less sugary than commercial stuff and it provides nice acidity and helps dry the meat. I have a little smoker in my back yard and it takes about 12-18 hours to finish a batch (less in summer when it's not pouring with rain). Those little smokers are only about $50 and worth every penny. Also, when you know what work goes into it, you're more likely to ration it and not eat too much! I actually divide the batch so everyone in the family gets a baggy - those who gobble (husband and child) don't have beef jerky for as long as I do. Ha ha.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by spughy View Post
    Make your own beef jerky. Less crap, more tasty. I slice a lean roast thinly (partially frozen meat works best but it does make your fingers cooooold!) and marinate it for 12 hours or so in a 3:2 ratio of tamari sauce and maple syrup. That sounds like a lot of maple syrup, but it ends up being way less sugary than commercial stuff and it provides nice acidity and helps dry the meat. I have a little smoker in my back yard and it takes about 12-18 hours to finish a batch (less in summer when it's not pouring with rain). Those little smokers are only about $50 and worth every penny. Also, when you know what work goes into it, you're more likely to ration it and not eat too much! I actually divide the batch so everyone in the family gets a baggy - those who gobble (husband and child) don't have beef jerky for as long as I do. Ha ha.
    Thanks so much!

I'd have to do it without the tamari because my little one is allergic to soy, but that sounds totally awesome. I never realized I could make it myself! I am so going to do that! We don't have a smoker but I bet I could talk my husband into it. I mean, who doesn't want more jerky in their life?!
    5 foot 5 female.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast