Thread: Vitamin D/Calcium Confusion-Need Advice page

PrimalPica626 is offline Junior Member

Vitamin D/Calcium Confusion-Need Advice

Shop Now
    Hello all you Primal People!

Got a question for you all. I was recently reading some information on this website regarding supplements when I noticed a comment on an earlier post (forgive me, can't remember where I saw this) that mentioned calcium is not as important for your body as vitamin D is for your body. Really?

On Mark has a vitamin D supplement that 1) is in credibly affordable and 2) has a great deal of vitamin D. ooo!!! Talk about a bang for your buck! I like this! However, I noticed that Mark's supplement only has 50 mg of calcium. That got me thinking, so allow me to pose a question to you all.

What exactly should you be supplementing yourself with in terms of building strong bones? I exercise primally and I know that helps with bone density and strength, but I am confused about this whole calcium vitamin D thing. What is more important? How much calcium do you need to take? Do you need to take calcium at all? Or is vitamin D whats really important?

Thanks guys! I'd really apprecaite the feedback!

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Learn More

All of your questions are answered at the above link, and below in my sig line at the 'google docs' link.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order