Page 1 of 92 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: PRIMAL DIARY: Tara tootie page

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

PRIMAL DIARY: Tara tootie

Jumping on the bandwagon...

I have decided to track what I eat and log it in here. More accountability you know! I will update in this blog post only and change the date so it stays current. I have been primal since January, but people need examples so here they are:

Day 1: June 1 2009

B: 4 egg whites, mushrooms, onions, cheddar cheese, 1/4 avocado, cooked in organic butter. Tea with stevia and cream.

S: Carrots and PB, natto

L: BAS (big ass salad): arugula, mustard greens, summer squash, radish sprouts, feta, red onion. Dressing made with dijon, evoo and vinegar. 1/2 oz 70% chocolate

S: Tomato with basil and evoo

D: 6oz sirloin, mushrooms, broccoli and 2 rolls (I know I know... they felt so gross in my tummy after haven't had bread in a LONG time. Blech,) and a bite of apple pie.

This is from my blog at:

http://tarablogsabouteverything.blogspot.com/

It will be updated (mostly daily) and you can check it there! I will also be copying the posts here and answering and Qs you have!

Thanks everyone.

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

madMUHHH Guest

Just egg whites? Why?? The egg yolk is the best part.

I cant digest the yolks... MAJOR problems. Sometimes Ill sneak a little teeny bite of runny yolks... mmm.

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

gnosis is offline Junior Member

I had quit eating eggs until I had an allergy test that reveled I am intolerant of lecithin which is very concentrated in the yolks. I now eat whites only with no problems.

madMUHHH Guest

Oh, that's very unfortunate. I just thought for a second that you were onto the whole egg yolk/cholestol thing, but being a fellow PBer, of course you know better. ;-)

thebkon Guest

Tara, what are these MAJOR problems you speak of?

thebkon Guest

re: the rolls

I know how you feel. I had been practicing a Primal diet for about 3 months and then I decided to go to Red Lobster for lunch. They served up those damned freshly baked rolls as a starter. I had 2 :S. I felt like junk for the next 24 hours and I felt I had less control of my emotions.

madMUHHH-

Yes I DO know better! Im big into coco oil and butter, so I get my fats from other places.

thebkon-

re problems...its GI... lets just say Ill be locking myself in the bathroom for about 3-4 hours. Nuf said. Though when I was younger up until about 14-15 yrs I could eat the yolks just fine. Just not anymore. Also, I have a history of SEVERE (ie anaphylactic) food allergies in my family (corn, wheat, dairy) none of I am afflicted with, but I thought I should get on the right track now, you know? Yeah, I was cranky this morning too. Awesome.
    Last edited by Tara tootie; 10-02-2010 at 01:09 PM.

jpippenger Guest

Am I the only person that doesn't track the size of food I eat? I notice most people, can tell you how big their steak was. I'm not just wondering if I'm a slacker? I hate counting food and calories and the such.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Haha... well it was easy to keep track of the size. How? I looked at the waitress and told her I will have the 6 oz sirloin, rare. Haha. But usually I estimate anyway.

Page 1 of 92 1231151 ... LastLast