Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: leftover salmon? help? page

junebu8 is offline Senior Member

leftover salmon? help?

Ok, so I forgot to thaw out something for dinner, and I have bunch of leftover salmon from last night. Any genius dinner ideas using salmon leftovers? I know we could have it on a salad, but last night we had it next to a salad and I think they might notice...

Also, no frittatta. I'm the only one who would eat it. Everyone else in these parts takes a breakfast-only view of eggs, thankyouverymuch.

much appreciated!
    june

profdjj is offline Senior Member
    Salmon patties?

bUMbLeB is offline Senior Member
    I made a pretty good salmon chowder recently. I forget exactly, but if you have veggies, and onions, and either squash or sweet potato/ yam, and canned tomatoes, you're on your way.

Minky is offline Member
    My family likes salmon sald (like tuna salad) chopped up with mayo, peppers, celery, onions, olives, fresh herbs, Old Bay, whatever you have around. Then you can eat it in lettuce wraps, over a salad, or just with a fork.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I have about 1/2 lb leftover salmon too, and some broccoli. The salmon salad is sounding mega yummy. I'd go for that!

runnerbean is offline Member
    Croquettes are always quick and easy.
    or you could make something like a shepherds pie except using whatever root veggies you have on hand (turnip, rutabaga, parsnip, sweet potatoes ...) as the topping. For the base part, I'd likely use some coconut milk and a bit of curry as the gravy. Something cream based could work really well too. If you have any bits of frozen seafood around (scallops, shrimp, white fish) that would be a yummy addition as would some kind of green veggie chopped into nice little pieces.

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    Salmon scramble or salmon squash hash

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    Lol, leftover salmon?!!? What a concept! Not in this house...oink oink!
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

K.ROB is offline Senior Member
    Marks salmon chowder. I always make it when i have leftovers.

dromos is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Salmon curry. I make a mean salmon curry with frozen veggies, coconut milk and canned or fresh salmon; though I usually eat fresh salmon plain because it needs no accompaniment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast