As a new member of this lovely community, I figured I'd make a contribution right off the bat - and a tasty one at that.
If you love carrots and curry like I do, here is a tasty soup that is almost too easy to make. There is very minimal effor required, and it's an easy way to get your vegetable injection!
Curried Carrot Soup
- 2 tablespoons oil (your choice. but butter would probably be an excellent alternative to sautee your onions & garlic in)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 pounds carrots, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water, or cream (I would imagine that if you used coconut milk as the thinner you would have something pretty tasty on your hands!)
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Saute onion until tender and translucent. Stir in the curry powder. Add the chopped carrots, and stir until the carrots are coated. Pour in the vegetable broth, and simmer until the carrots are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the carrots and broth to a blender, and puree until smooth. If you have an immersion blender, they make pureeing extremely quick and clean. Transferring to a blender...ugh.
- Pour back into the pot, and thin with water (or cream, or coconut milk, etc...) to your preferred consistency.
Sounds delicious. I have to give this recipe a try.
Nice - I made a similar version earlier this week. I agree that an immersion blender is the only way to fly for this soup.
My immersion blender was, hands down, the best purchase I've ever made for my kitchen.