Thread: Might this be a Primal question? page

Vicki Lynn is offline Member

Question Might this be a Primal question?

Primal Fuel
    I'm not sure if I should question this here, but I've come across astragalus. Does anyone use or know about this? Following is one of the descriptions I have found on line:

Organic Astragalus Root Sliced

Common Names: Enhancer, restorative, stimulator, and modulator. Anti-viral and anti-bacterial.

Common Uses: Useful for colds and influenza, persistent infection, fever, night sweats, multiple allergies, shortness of breath, chronic fatigue, fatigue or lack of appetite associated with chemotherapy, anemia, wounds, stomach ulcers, uterine bleeding and prolapsed uterus.It is also used to treat general digestive disturbances, including diarrhea, gas, and bloating.

Qualities & Properties: Immune tonic, diuretic, lowers blood pressure, Qi tonic

Zophie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    We do use Astragalus in our tradition. I only know about it being used for people going through treatments for cancer, AIDS, and Multiple Sclerosis. I have seen it work well for the very fatigued and for those who will not eat because of their meds.

Are you looking for an immune system boost? If so I would start with vitamin D3, C, and zinc. (those are a bit safer)