Thread: Wanna know what's a satiable, and high cal, easy snack? page

Bolivar is offline Senior Member

Wanna know what's a satiable, and high cal, easy snack?

Primal Fuel
    A 100g bag of Mr Porky pork scratchings. God-damn! I love pork scratchings (rinds), I normalyl get 25g or 50g bags which isn't alot at all. Well these 100g bags are insane, lovely big pieces and a never ending feast. I was out in london yesterday and wanted an easy lunch, and by god it hit the spot.

600kcals, a satiety which is rarely reached, and a good feeling knowing that I have another pack waiting in the kitchen.

NickBall is offline Member
    One of my favorites from my youth that CW told me to ditch...feels good to crunch and munch on pork rinds!

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    Oh man, I wish we could get those here! All I can find in California are the useless fluffy ones. </3

AndreaReina is offline Senior Member
    Better yet, make your own! You'll know the kind of pig it is, plus when you're done you'll have a pot full of lard. The basic procedure is to get a slab of pig fat or skin-fat-meat (belly's good for this), your choice, and cut it into 1-inch squares. Heat a pan with some oil or lard, and fry away. If you're making a big batch and/or don't have a big cooking vessel, have a ladle and empty heat-proof container handy to ladle extra lard out of the pot.

Why are the fluffy ones useless?

I have to say I tried some the other day and according the label, it was just pork and salt, albeit conventional pork, I'm sure. They didn't sit well with me, so I'm not sure I'd pursue more, but what are the "good" kind?

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    I just have a preference for the really hard crunchy ones... I find them more satisfying. (Especially now that they're so dang hard for me to get.) They're like chomping down on hard pretzels - yum!

profdjj is offline Senior Member
    I grew up in a town named Bolivar. That's not a name you see often.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DianeThePurple View Post
    Oh man, I wish we could get those here! All I can find in California are the useless fluffy ones. </3
    I like the fluffy ones better. Can get both kinds here in Sacramento, California. Have you tried Hispanic grocery stores?
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.