Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the BIG QUESTION you want to have answered?? page

Mahewa is offline Banned

What is the BIG QUESTION you want to have answered??

What is the BIG QUESTION you like to have answered about health??

I hope that you don't mind that I am asking this. This is my own private survey and I really would like to know what the big health issues are in your life. It could be anything... even if you think it's silly.

I hope that this will be an EYE OPENER for anyone who reads it and help us to understand our needs better.
    Last edited by Mahewa; 11-12-2010 at 05:18 PM. Reason: misspelling

Fern is offline Senior Member
    My legs have been giving me problems, they go weak and turn to jello, then I get really hot and light headed, dizzy and feel like I'm going to pass out. So my question is WHY and how do I fix it? I think it may be a vitamin deficiency because I don't take a multi vitamin anymore and I am still breastfeeding my almost 2 year old on demand, so that's like 18 times a day that he nurses. I went to the doctor to try to get an answer and they were no help, they are running my blood right now to see if they can find something in it. The only other thing they said was that I am overweight and it is because when I was pregnant a nerve got pinched or stretched. Well I know I am overweight (I weigh in at 154 on a 5'4" frame) and I have had this problem on and off for over 5 years so it was happening long before I was pregnant.

And I would like to add that the doctor that told me I was overweight is morbidly obese.... talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

I don't know if this is the response you are looking for but its the only thing that I wonder about right now.

healthseekerKate is offline Senior Member
    I have progressive muscle weakness in my legs, upper arms & trunk. I was first diagnosed with mild weakness (e.g. was slow at jogging) at age 12, with an official diagnosis of limb-girdle muscular dystrophy (LGMD). Now, 21 years later, I am still (barely) ambulatory at home, but need a wheelchair while out in public settings. I make an effort to stand for at least a few hours per day, to maintain what strength & balance I have.

Officially, according to CW, every form of MD is inevitably progressive and can’t be helped or cured by exercise or nutrition. From my own experience, I have seen otherwise: in one case, simply starting to take a multivitamin for 3 days resulted in an enormous gain in strength (had been taking 45 minutes to climb a flight of stairs, vs. requiring only 3 minutes after I started the multivitamin!). Since that discovery, I’ve been aggressively investigating every supplement that might possibly help me.

Since I’m not inclined to believe CW, I’m keeping the following possibilities open and trying to rule out each possible cause of my weakness:
    I could be deficient in one or more essential vitamins or minerals (e.g. magnesium)
    Leaky gut / gluten intolerance
    Other food allergy
    Digestive enzyme deficiency
    Etc…

Even if I can't fully reverse my condition, I need to determine to what degree I can optimize my health, *if* some degree of weakness is inevitable.

That’s my BIG, potentially life-altering question….

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Is it possible for a person with Hashimoto's thyroiditis to eventually be able to control it without meds or supps? If so, how?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    Why no-one will believe I have AS.
    La tristesse durera toujours...

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    I want to know when the CW garbage of calories in calories out will be studied long term against the idea that you can consume greater numbers of calories on a PB/paleo/low carb diet and still lose weight.

I didn't lose weight following a CW 'healthy diet'. I had high cholesterol and a huge amount of abdominal fat. I ate that way for almost 4 years, trying as hard as I could to lose weight. Along comes my dad with his crazy idea to go 'paleo' I resisted for 2 months. And then saw his amazing results, and switched. For the first time in my adult life I lost weight without effort. I didn't track for 2 weeks, before primal I was eating 1300-1440 calories a day and not losing weight. Then I started tracking again because it was mandatory and I had a visit with the dietitian and exercise physiologist approaching. I nearly lost my eyeballs when I saw I was eating over 2400 calories a day, and losing 3-5 pounds a week!!!

So I want to know when the nutritional world is going to get their heads out of their butts and realize that humans are mammals, we are animals with intricate systems that require more than just gas for fuel. We are not simple combustion engine.

Thank you

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    I have very very many unanswered questions…. what caused me to get anorexia? why me? what goes on in my head when I look in the mirror and my entire reflection is displaced to the point I cannot own a mirror or look at my body in one? why do I get so wrapped up in food consumption what I become physically and mentally scared to eat, even when I know it is nourishing? will i be healthy enough to kids one day? what is going wrong in my brain chemically? how predetermined are our health destinies? what causes leptin vs SOCS3 to deregulate and lead to cancer and obesity and a host of other health problems? why do some people get metabolic syndrome from SAD but others get cancer, others get alzheimers?

why do some people have the ability to not stress over things like health/nutrition? how big of an impact does the mind have to health? how interlinked is the brain to the body? can you mentally make yourself healthy? how big of a role really is diet as opposed to how important one THINKS diet is?

what.did.grok.eat? haha

Spyhop is offline Member
    How did we convince ourselves that what is essentially filler food (that is, grains) is actually desirable and tastes really good? I mean, I'm happy to go without bread and pasta and rice etc etc, but if you plopped down a freshly baked loaf of bread in front of me and asked me to eat a piece and tell you if I thought it tasted good, well. . .it tastes good! Yet it is emphatically not what my body needs or evolved to eat, so what's up with that? We like it so much that even though grain domestication is at its base a way to provide calories sufficient to live to those who might not otherwise be get enough calories, people with far far more than enough resources to get calories from higher quality foods still WANT to eat grains? (and I don't mean because of the food pyramid either, grain eating extends far beyond its reach in human culture)

PrimalWannabeGirl is offline Senior Member
    How can I get back some semblance of vitality and wellness when I am so physically broken that I can't exercise the way I want to?

PWG

Mahewa is offline Banned

Thank You for your answers...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi All,

Thanks a million for all the open and honest answers to my question. I can see how much some of you are struggling to overcome difficulties in your lives.
    We also do not know where our diseases are coming from, or sometimes we don't want to know.

I had an experience with my own son that I did not see for many years due to a divorce, resulting in me moving to the other side of the world.
    I always stayed in contact with my son by calling him on the phone every now and then, but I could not see him.
    I got to know that he developed anorexia and become just skin and bone.
    I decided to go and see him in Europe although I could not really afford it. I stayed in Vienna Austria for one week but his mother only allowed me to see him for one day. However, this was enough to change the whole situation and only weeks after he gained weight and developed a strong and nice body.

I just wanted to let you know that there are so many things in our lives that affects us, especially experiences from our childhood. The other thing we must be aware of, is our main computer, the brain. Our mind will give our body the commands it is suppose to follow and the body will follow the commands blindly. If you can change the commands and your focus, you can change anything in your body and life. We hear about miracles happening and people get healed more or less instantly. What is really happening is a sudden shift in the mind of the affected person which change the outcome.
    All this is easily said but not easily done... I know that..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast