Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thought we could try this. (Friday Primals) page

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

So here's a neat thing we do at another forum I'm on, though I'll modify it a bit for MDA. Every morning somebody starts a daily thread with their own QOTD (Question of the Day) and DI (Daily Ingredient.) Then add a WR (Workout Related), FR (Food Related), and NPR (Not Primal Related.) So it'll look something like this:

Fantastic Friday Primals!

QOTD: Do you have any tattoos or piercings?

DI: Carrots

WR: (Personal comment here.)

FR: (Personal comment here.)

NPR: (Personal comment here.)

I'll start the first one.

-----------------------------------------------------

QOTD: I have 4 tattoos and 9 piercings (most of them in my ears, and my labret.

DI: Carrot fries! I also like roasted/grilled carrots. So yummy.

WR: Muscles are way sore from the gym yesterday. I'm really proud of my workouts. Squats were killer. I feel like I should have done more with pull-ups though.

FR: So I'm having a bowl of quinoa "hot cereal" today to see how it goes- and to get rid of the stuff. It looks like I have one more serving of it, then it's all gone. Probably going to have to go through carb withdrawls after this though. Finish off 2 or 3 servings of wild rice I found in the cupboard and my house is completely Primal again.

NPR: I rented movies from the library a week ago and never watched them. Now that I'm down to the last day I want to see them all and don't have time. Will have to re-rent them sometime.

-----------------------------------------------------

So yeah, it's just that easy. Your turn!

hannahc is offline Senior Member

QOTD: 1 tattoo and 3 piercings (2 in one ear, one in the other, nothing fancy

DI: Shredded carrots in chicken lettuce wraps! Also in beef and cabbage stir-fry, they add nice color and bulk to those dishes.

WR: Was really sore from Football Monday and Bodyweight stuff on Tuesday, so I just walked for 45-60 minutes Wednesday and Thursday. Today I'll walk and possibly make up my HIIT workout from yesterday.

FR: Today is our first "first paycheck of the month lunch" with my coworkers, I'm not pumped about the restaurant choices, but I've found that I can usually order something that's just meat and vegetables and have it cooked in butter. Not my 100%, as I never feel I can count things as actually primal that restaurants make for me, but close enough and it will be a nice chance to talk with everyone out of the office.

NPR: I'm playing in a wedding (I play flute) on Saturday, yay extra $$!

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

grandma is offline Member

QOTD: None on purpose.

DI: Not a big carrot fan, can eat a few raw bits in salad for color, but I don't like them cooked at all.

WR: I don't need too, I'm too sexy for my shirt as it is LOL! Daily walks for the last 30day. Gotta start a new heavy lifting habit.

FR: Wed was my first all meat day. It was good.

NPR: TGIF! The weather on the east coast is fantastic. Gotta have some fun this weekend. I'm thinking Kayak.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

hannahc is offline Senior Member

Hey Kayaking counts as working out you know! You just like to pretend you don't do anything

Aren't carnivore days the best? I always feel so full.

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

QOTD: Do you have any tattoos or piercings? I don't count individual tattoos, I have a full sleeve, a half sleeve, my entire back, and my face....so....is that 4 or 40?

DI: Carrots - hate them with the white hot passion of a thousand burning suns

WR:total body today, try to make fridays really tough because Saturday is my only day off

FR: picked 8 or 9 hot jalepenos from the garden, have no idea what to do to use them all, anyone?

NPR:worried about my dog today, she has (had?) bone cancer and we had her leg amputated in December. She seems a little low today. Trying to come up with creative ways to make her happy...can't really take her for a run in the park, ya know?

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member

QOTD: Do you have any tattoos or piercings? No. I used to have my ears pierced though. I want tattoos and piercings but I'm chicken...then there's that whole irrational fear of needles thing.

DI: Carrots - love 'em. I have a wickedly simple recipe for curried carrot soup that is quite divine.

WR: Yoga this morning. Still store from my first attempt at Tabata sprints yesterday morning.

FR: For the past few months I've been getting up at 5:00 (in the AM!) to eat. This morning I got up and I just wasn't hungry, so I went with it. Had my first run in with coconut pancakes this morning. I sense an oncoming love affair between myself and these tasty nuggets.

NPR: It's a long weekend here in Canada and my birthday just happens to fall on the Sunday. What kind of primal feast will I whip up for this momentus occasion? So many choices!

I grok, therefore I am.

DebFM is offline Senior Member

QOTD: 5 between 2 ears; no tattoos as of yet...

DI: carrots are great in soups but I think I might have to try those fries.

WR: did my first crossfit on Weds. and am still sore from that. But, hey, I did it!! My hubby was laughing at me becasue I said it was "fun" & two months ago I wouldn't have even thought of doing it.

FR: Next week I'm going to cut out dairy.

NPR: Have the sitter coming tomorros so the hubby & I can go mountain biking. Excited about that! Kayaking sounds fun, too & I haven't done that since last summer so maybe I'll do that, too.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Hannahc- I used to play the flute too. Yay for extra $$ for sure!

Grandma- Kayaking always looked like fun, but I'm terrified of tipping over and getting stuck upside down- lol.

PJAP- I'm so jealous of your tattoos. My sleeve is still incomplete. Once the torso flattens out I'd like to cover it all in tattoos. Maybe something Primal? Tattoos are very primal, aren't they?

Lovestoclimb- That soup sounds absolutely yummy. You should add it to the recipe forum.

DebFM- Yay for cutting out dairy! Coconut milk is to die for.

grandma is offline Member

@PJAP poppers! fill them with some cheese wrap them in bacon. And bake/fry till bacon is done. If you don't do cheese put more bacon inside.

On a related note one of my favorite things is poblano peppers stuffed with cheese and grilled on the BBQ. Then put some fresh salsa on them and yum.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Wendy1 Guest

QOTD: Just the usual boring piercings: two in one ear; three in the other, but only use the bottom ones.

DI: Carrots -- fresh out of the garden! Also, I like to cook slightly and puree them to keep in the freezer for adding to homemade red sauce. My daughter/hubby never know they're in there and it adds some natural sweetness. I've been doing that for a couple of years, pre-primal.

WR: Sore this morning from doing some resistance band stuff last night. Nothing exciting, but I'm a newbie -- everything is tough (good) for me! Today, chasing kids around. Maybe a walk.

FR: Defrosting some giant hunks of meat on the counter: three racks of ribs and two huge flank steaks for a barbecue we're hosting this weekend. They'll all be eating primally, even if they don't know it!! (Although some people are bringing things, so I don't know about that stuff!)

NPR: We're going to my first circus tomorrow. So stoked. It's Barnum & Bailey's new one, with magic mixed in. I don't know who will love it more, the 4-year-old, or me?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast