Thread: To all the primal parents helping there kids page

paleo_rob is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up To all the primal parents helping there kids

Shop Now
    I have been reading all these great posts about parents helping there kids, and getting them primal and I am in awe.

Can I just say kudos to all of you.

You deserve serious props for taking care of your kids, and building this amazing foundation for them to live by. The gift you are giving them, surpasses any material possession bar none. You are giving them the ability to live long and healthy lives. You should be really proud of yourself for that.

Grok on Primal parents! You really all are incredible.

Redflame is offline Senior Member
    You know what, I really needed to hear that. I am kinda beating myself up for letting my daughter follow in my footsteps and for causing her to have to deal with this (obesity and now strick food guidelines) at 14 yrs old. Its easy to beat yourself up and forget to give yourself credit for action taken.

And YOU are awesome for throwing those props out there, I know there are many here that deserve them!
    Redflame
    Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
    Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
    Goal of Significant Weight Loss
    15 pounds down! with more to go!

paleo_rob is offline Senior Member
    @RedFlame; No Problems. Being a young and naive teenager not to long ago (I'm 23) I remember my parents constantly giving me advice and me not following it, because let's face it, i knew everything that i needed to know about life at 16. In the end I made mistakes that I wouldn't have if I listened to them, but I guess that's part of growing up. Even if your daughter doesn't listen to you completely, keep setting an awesome example for her!

Looking in hindsight now, nearly everything they said was awesome advice, and I feel like an idiot for not listening to them. I guarantee your daughter will do the same.

JenCat is offline Senior Member
    This is such a wonderful place. Thanks for all the support! Some people think it's simple. Just make your kid eat. Doesn't always work that way. It's nice to have someone else in the struggle with you.

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for that!

I'm very happy The Kid isn't a huge sweet eater. Most of this halloween and easter candy gets tossed after a week or so because he doesn't touch it. He'll go after berries and yogurt when he wants a snack.

He does like his ice cream. I can't fault that.
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

slesca is offline Senior Member
    Rural midwest; just outside a mid-sized city
    This is nice to hear. Most people in my life think that letting kids eat junk non-stop is "letting kids be kids." I couldn't disagree more, but I'm clearly in the minority. Also, once your kid gets to public school or daycare, you lose a lot of control over what they eat even if you make their lunch every day. Treats are the rule, not the exception.