Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fat percentage freak out page

Izzylu is offline Senior Member

Fat percentage freak out

I've been very strict primal for four weeks now. No dairy, no legumes, no honey, only one piece of fruit a day (an apple). I alternate between strength training and cardio (usually spin or riding outside) anywhere from four to six times a week. I've lost about five pounds but when I had my body fat taken today, I was up four percent!!! I'm at a loss! I just don't get it! Has anyone else experienced this? This is so frustrating. It's a lot of work to get these kind of results. I'll keep going because I feel great but body fat is a health issue and it scares me to be up that much. Suggestions?

chima_p is offline Senior Member
    How did you have your BF taken the first time?

How did you have your BF taken the second time?

How much protein are you getting?

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Five pounds, especially if you've had a major cutback on carbs, very well could be water loss. This means that muscles all over your body as just a bit smaller considering that they now have less glycogen in them and therefore a whole lot less water.

At the gym with that squeezer thing. Have had this done by a trainer several times! Ugg. After a mini-meltdown (with tears and everything) she told me I'm supposed to give it at least 6 weeks when making such a drastic change in nutrition. I eat LOTS of protein. I eat until I'm comfortably full. I'm so grateful to not be counting calories and restricting myself that I'm now in fear of having to go back to that. I just won't do it! This feels so good. I no longer need coffee and my energy level is so high, I just don't want to be putting my health at risk. Seems strange that this is the case when I'm comparing my bf to when I was doing crappy weight watchers and eating chemical food in the name of weight loss!

If you didn't lose strength then you have most likely not lost much lean body mass. I would agree with your trainer in that it's not time to freak out.

Muscles being full or not full of glycogen will actually produce noticeable and measurable changes in muscles as well. My arms, for example, were a half inch later in diameter after a refeed a couple weeks ago. Body builders, in fact are do re-feeds right before competitions so they will look a bit bigger as well.

I'm not sure about the mm on the calipers. And as far as losing strength, the mind is so powerful and I swear, my energy level went down the moment I saw that number!!! We'll just see what it says in a couple of weeks. I know, with all the stuff I've read and researched on this, I can not be the ONE exception to this lifestyle. I guess I just need to give it a little more time.
    Strong is the new Skinny!

So...

You don't know mm...
    You don't know cal...
    You don't know protein...

What happens in 2 weeks if you don't get favourable results.

What do you do? Where do you start?

The answer?

You don't know...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Look Chima... I know what I'm told and I know that I do what this website and paleo tell me to do. So sorry that I don't know the details but I do know the results. I know that I trust the people who are helping me by taking my measurements and I know that I am knew and here to learn. I know that I am TRYING to figure this out and I know that YOU sound indignant and snippy when you send those replies. This is my first try at this and my very first forum post EVER on any site. Is this what I should expect? NICE.
    Strong is the new Skinny!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast