Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Craving fruit? page

alydar is offline Member

Craving fruit?

Shop Now
    This last week has thrown me for a loop. I've been perfectly happy and content eating an almost 100% primal diet (that muscadine wine is hard to leave behind! lol). But lately I've been really wanting alot of fruit. I haven't caved but I have been allowing myself a banana a day and some apple, grapes, etc here and there. I know fruits aren't forbidden but they are supposed to be kept in check, right?

Just wondering if this is my body trying to tell me something or if I should just ignore the cravings.

Thanks!

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    If the worst thing you're eating is a piece of fruit, then you're probably ok. How many veggies are you eating? Maybe your body wants more vitamins or your stomach wants more bulk or something?

alydar is offline Member
    hmmm....I'm not eating a load of veggies in the morning but I'm making a BAS everyday for lunch (and it seems to just keep getting bigger as I find more things to add in lol). Dinner for the most part involves a fair amount of veggies, too. I don't mind eating more veggies if that would help but the fruit is what's really appealing right now.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    eat fruit.

fruit is kept in check just because it can raise your carb intake easily. but a handful of berries, cherries, and apple etc. isn't really going to throw you off too much unless you're trying to keep your carbs below a pretty low number.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Maybe it's a seasonal thing? Maybe your body is sensing the coming winter and wanting to eat some extra carbs?

Whether it matters or not probably depends on your goals. Are you steadily heading toward those goals? Are you at a plateau? Are you moving away?
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

alydar is offline Member
    Yeah, I've been trying to keep my carbs in that magic range to loose as I'm dropping the last of the baby pounds. I'm pretty much where I want to be but wouldn't cry over loosing an extra 5lbs or so.

lizch - I had thought of that idea, too. I'm afraid to indulge too much though as I don't want to move away from my goal.

Bane is offline Senior Member
    I'm finding that a tablespoon of almond butter stuck to the roof of my mouth, then really slowly eaten, erases the fruit cravings.

Primal Babe is offline Senior Member
    I've been inhaling a mango every night lately... Yum! lol! Must be something in the air...

alydar is offline Member
    Yum! LOVE almond butter! I have it on that banana I eat every day. And I haven't had a mango in ages.........must get one now!

omajoe is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Babe View Post
    I've been inhaling a mango every night lately... Yum! lol! Must be something in the air...
    I know, right. I've been craving fruit lately, too. Oh, well. I think unless you're really trying to cut carbs to lose weight, don't worry about it too much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast