Thread: Red meat harder to adjust to for a Paleo Noob? page

wilberfan is offline Senior Member

Red meat harder to adjust to for a Paleo Noob?

Primal Fuel
    I'm approaching my fourth week of being paleo--after being vegan for almost 18 years!

The first few days I felt a little "odd" (although I can't articulate exactly how). The 'oddness' went away after a few days, but now it seems like whenever I eat a meal with a good-sized piece of red meat, it feels like it's just kind of laying in my stomach. Not painful, just kind of mildly uncomfortable. And do I feel queasy? (Maybe a '2' on a scale of 1 to 10?)

I haven't noticed the sensation with fish or chicken, so I'm curious if red meat might be a little harder on my digestive system until I adjust?

Melody is offline Senior Member
    I was veg for 16 years and red meat was not difficult to adjust to physically. Mentally it was but now I eat red meat almost daily.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=wilberfan;261766. . . it seems like whenever I eat a meal with a good-sized piece of red meat, it feels like it's just kind of laying in my stomach. Not painful, just kind of mildly uncomfortable. And do I feel queasy? (Maybe a '2' on a scale of 1 to 10?)

I haven't noticed the sensation with fish or chicken, so I'm curious if red meat might be a little harder on my digestive system until I adjust?[/QUOTE]
    Then don't eat red meat, at least for a while. You totally don't have to to benefit from the blueprint, especially if you are fine with fish and fowl.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.