Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle against hunger continues..... page

superseiyan is offline Member

Battle against hunger continues.....

Shop Now
    I know I posted this before, but I'm still feeling in sometimes that I starve, about 9 months into doing Primal (not Paleo, primal)

This is why:

day before yesterday:
    Breakfast-Glass of milk w/ 100% cocoa with soem half-n-half added (idea's to increase the fat).
    Mid-morning snack-handful of nuts
    Lunch-Steak salad
    about 6:00 pm INCREDIBLY hungry.
    Late dinner-

Yesterday:
    Breakfast - can of tuna with mayo, setzer water with a little fresh orange juice.
    mid-morning snack-handful of nuts
    Lunch - 7 chicken wings
    Late Dinner - 2 beef hamburgers patties, with one avocado. (a repeat
    11:00 pm after late dinner. STILL incredibly hungry....I couldn't take it anymore. I had to eat the pretzel.

Today:
    Breakfast-Bunch of Grapes, Brie Cheese.
    Now (mid-morning) pretty hungry >

I wake up at 6am and leave the house at 6:30 so any breakfast that I cannot cook breakfast in the morning really.

Somehow I'm not eating enough. Either I have to find a way to add more fat, increase portions (I was full after the lunches above, but not after the breakfasts or dinners), or eat more frequently. I'd hoped to be able to skip lunch but I just have to go to the cafeteria as I'm dying by 1pm.

Question: Can I do potatoes and/or sweet potatoes? Any other suggestions?

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Let's get down to basics, here.

Why do you have to leave the house at 6:30?

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Let's get down to basics, here.

Why do you have to leave the house at 6:30?
    I work from 8a-5:30p on an alternative flex work schedule so that every other weekend is a 3-day weekend (4days if ther'es a holiday) for free.

I get to work at 7:45, my commute is an hour (train time is 35 minutes, but this includes walking to the train and from the train to work).

profdjj is offline Senior Member
    I would suggest that you get up at 5:30 and make yourself a big breakfast.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Er, why don't you eat more? A lot more. The first day's menu consisted of a wad of dairy, some nuts, and a steak salad. ALL DAY. My goodness, no wonder you were hungry at 6pm. I'd be eating the furniture.

Where are the vegetables?

Why not pre-make breakfast? There's that great recipe for breakfast egg muffin things in the PB cookbook and I think it's been reposted here. Just bake a week's worth, and grab 1 or 2 out of the fridge every morning.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    You need a bigger (and I would suggest a very low-carb) breakfast. That glass of milk ain't cutting it. I find that if I have some carbs (15-20g) as my first meal of they day I am ravenous the rest of the day. Have a big fatty breakfast and see how it goes.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Hmm, could it be that you eat too frequently?

I know that if I eat, I’m hungry later on, but if I’m fasting, the hunger goes away or doesn’t even present itself until later.

Also, if you’re hungry… why are you reaching for a pretzel? Maybe eat something you don’t eat all the time so you don’t get bored of it, but going for refined carbs/grains/gluten is only going to dig you deeper.

9 months primal but you still eat pretzels? I’m not trying to be the primal police but if this is something you’re eating often then you need to work on eliminating grains, this will help. Lower your carbs and up your fat.

I’m not opposed to eating sweet potatoes at all, but I think you should “earn” your carbs, do a good hard workout then have your sweet potatoes.

Get rid of junk carbs, like seriously, and overdose on vegetables, meat and fat for a while, get your hunger under control, then consider IF and tweaking macros if your ultimate goal is to lean out.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lizch View Post
    Er, why don't you eat more? A lot more. The first day's menu consisted of a wad of dairy, some nuts, and a steak salad. ALL DAY. My goodness, no wonder you were hungry at 6pm. I'd be eating the furniture.

Where are the vegetables?

Why not pre-make breakfast? There's that great recipe for breakfast egg muffin things in the PB cookbook and I think it's been reposted here. Just bake a week's worth, and grab 1 or 2 out of the fridge every morning.
    +1 to all of this. I read the post too soon you didn't eat shit on that first day.

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    Wow, I eat about as much as you do all day in 1-2 meals! Eat more and you won't be hungry. Pack a portable breakfast, or eat your left overs from dinner. And pack a better lunch!

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by lizch View Post
    Good shout on the egg muffins, I'll bake some on Sundays and eat for breakfast early in the week.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast