Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FATHEAD the Movie by Tom Naughton page

PrimalMike is offline Junior Member

WOW. just finished watching it.

I should just tell people to watch this when they ask about why I avoid alot of carbs!

I'm still don't think fast food is the least bit healthy...I think he was a little hard on poor Spurlock.

But he touched on pretty much everything!

and it was cool to see Dr. Eades (mr. and mrs.!) and Gary Taubes in there too!

If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it.

It will only help reaffirm your belief that Primal really is a healthier lifestyle and that the food pyramid is just, well...stupid.

semper ad meliora

DaveFish is offline Junior Member

Did you rent it or buy it? I'd like to see it but I don't want to buy a copy. If it could be rented and watched online that would be ideal. I looked on iTunes but it wasn't available there.

Mick Guest

[quote]

[I] still don&#39;t think fast food is the least bit healthy</blockquote>

Well, that conclusion would naturally follow if you were trying to eat a diet low in carbohydrates. Coca Cola, ice cream, burger buns, "fries", and the like are high in those.

Fast food is not particularly healthy besides that, since its also likely to be high in polyunsaturated vegetable oils, trans fats, additives such as monosodium glutamate, and God-knows-what else. And looking it at the other way round, it&#39;s denuded of nutrients.

Besides, those cooking fats are probably over-used and rancid. And the hygiene in those places is often dubious, too.

But, never mind health, isn&#39;t "it tastes indifferent at best" not a good enough reason to avoid it, anyway?

As for Mr. Spurlock, I guess he has a large enough bank balance to be fairly indifferent to what most people say about him.

Nick Guest

I bought a copy and don&#39;t regret it. Tom self-financed that film, and I don&#39;t think he&#39;s quite out of the hole yet. It&#39;s worth it just to have a copy to lend to people.

NZPixie is offline Junior Member

It rocked! It played on TV here in New Zealand. It was actually the thing that triggered my journey to find out that there was another way and what I was being taught at uni was actually all crap based on no real science.

maba is offline Senior Member

I bought a copy for my sister about 3 months ago. I thought I&#39;d get it from her after she watches it (she lives in a different city) , but she still hasn&#39;t I thought I don&#39;t need convincing so I can wait but I think I might just go ahead and buy another copy for myself.

NZPixie, it played in NZ? Wow! I wonder what&#39;s preventing it from playing in the theaters here in the US.

frogfarm is offline Member
    trudgin' across the tundra, mile after mile

"I wonder what&#39;s preventing it from playing in the theaters here in the US."

Probably the assumption, unfortunately accurate, that it would make very little money at the box office.

I also regretfully do not recommend Fat Head to people unless they can get past Naughton&#39;s narration, because quite honestly I find his voice grating and annoying. Harsh, but I can&#39;t get over it. I forward people the short excerpt clips on Youtube, and even those I can barely listen through &#39;til the end. I&#39;m sure my own melodious, dulcet rhino roars wouldn&#39;t be any prettier to Tom&#39;s ears, but there it is.

Sad as it sounds, the only way these messages will get mass appeal is when a Leni Riefenstahl comes along who can give it the full-blown propaganda treatment. And I say that knowing it needs to be factual and rational, but it also needs to be compelling, riveting art even to the average person with no prior interest in the subject.

acerbic37 is offline Junior Member

DaveFish, Netflix carries it.

DaveFish is offline Junior Member

Most Indies, especially documentaries never make it to the big screen. If they do it is usually at an art house theater. I saw Food Inc. at one but never saw Fathead listed in theaters.

I boycott Netflix because I hate their pop up ads that foil pop up blockers. If they are that scummy and cheesy with their advertising why would I want to do business with them.

Maybe I&#39;ll just buy a copy as a show of support.

deanmc is offline Junior Member

I bought a copy too. Loved it well worth the $$

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast