Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FATHEAD the Movie by Tom Naughton page 2

Relosa is offline Member

Primal Fuel

I bought a copy after watching the youtube videos and the movie is great. I don't think he ripped into Morgan Spurlock too much, he just showed the truth behind what Spurlock did, or better yet didn't do. It also gives a good introduction as to why sugar is bad for you and the basic science behind it. His blog www.fathead-movie.com also continues with some extra videos and posts he makes about low carbs and some anti CW information.

maba is offline Senior Member

Just finished watching the movie - loved it, especially part two! I loved all the extra interviews - well worth the money for the2 DVDs I bought. I only wish my sis watches the copy I sent her.

sofiawahaj Guest

I almost had to turn it off in the beginning b/c his voice was so annoying and I didn't care to hear his rip into Spurlock so much. But it got better, thankfully! The 2nd half was much more informative, which made his annoying voice more bearable.

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

I see it here on Netflix, but I don't have a membership...Has anybody tried the free trial? That would be awesome if they really won't charge me, I'd love to watch it for my bio project...

Acmebike is offline Member

A good movie, worth a watch if you get a chance. There are niggles for me, and I'd bet the show would be just a tiny bit different had Taube's, Eades, Enig, etc been a little more prominently used.

I noticed in my locale it is EASY to get photos and footage of obese/visibly FAT people. I don't agree with his assessment. He took hours to get the "obese people" shots, but that would take minutes here.

maba is offline Senior Member

Jess, you can watch all the free clips here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/FatHeadMovie

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

Maba, is that the entire movie? I figured it'd just be easier to get the whole shabang you know...Especially if it's free courtesy Netflix...

egmutza Guest

@Acmebike - Tom recently moved from California to Tennessee, and indicated on his blog that he's been surprised how many more obese people there are in the midwest. I think he was experiencing some selection bias when making the movie. I live in Indiana, and a 5-minute trip to the grocery store is all I'd need to get enough "obese people" shots for a dozen documentaries.

@sofiawahaj - I don't think it's his actual voice that's annoying, just his snide libertarian sarcasm. Reminds me a lot of John Stossel in that respect. I love both those guys, and agree with 99% their politics, but there's something a little condescending about the tone of voice they use. I think people would take them more seriously if they didn't speak every sentence as if it were an absurd rhetorical question.

Now I'm harping! I do think it's a great movie that more people should see. Tom's blog is a great resource too.

frogfarm is offline Member
    trudgin' across the tundra, mile after mile

For me, what he's saying is perfectly reasonable. It's just his voice

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Tennessee is the midwest?

Did you know Colorado has the lowest obesity rate in the country? That's from running up and down fourteener's ya know.....

The South has THE greatest obesity rate. Just driving through and seeing the folks in the gas stations, it's eye popping. I did that last April when I weighed 285 and I was often the skinniest guy in sight.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast