Thread: At the bottom of the great Grok-ladder - futhark's Primal Journal ^_^ page

futhark is offline Member

Thumbs up At the bottom of the great Grok-ladder - futhark's Primal Journal ^_^

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey guys!

So I thought about it, and now I'm going to do it. My very own journal...Grok help me...

I have some form of journal on this thread that was written before; it's about sugar craving.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...gar-withdrawal!

Ok, so these are my goals:

- To get healthier, loose the wheat belly that's been a god-awful pain these last 4-5 years.
    - Eating properly according to PB
    - Start doing exercises, but first start slowly as I have experienced that a rough start can make me lose interest in a nano-second.
    - See brighter on things, I suspect that the garbage I've been eating have been a bad influence on my mood.
    - Actually start living life instead of watching it from a safe distance, which I've been doing since I was 17years old, and now I am 25. (My weight have been a major influence on my self-esteem, and I hope it will rise as the weight falls down)

For every day I am and will be taking supplements, and these are:
    Great Earth Super HY Vitamins
    http://www.greatearth.net/info/SuperHyVites.pdf

Super Multi Minerals
    http://www.greatearth.net/info/SuperMultiMinerals.pdf

Super C Complex 1000
    http://www.greatearth.net/info/SuperCcomplex1000.pdf

NSP 3 Super Oxy E-400
    http://www.greatearth.net/info/SuperOxyE400.pdf

10.000iu of Vitamin D
    http://www.nowfoods.com/Products/Pro...Award%20Winner

Also, I take Fo-ti (solaray), Burdock(Solaray) and Fenugreek (Solgar) for my thinning hair.

So today this is what I've been doing:

B: 1 egg, 4 slices of bacon
    S: Some small bits from moose meat I made yesterday covered in tomato puree and herbs
    D: Three meat balls from the same meat with tomato puree, herbs, olive oil.

Meanwhile, in my line of work I do some heavy lifting with briefcases, and they weigh about 33lbs in general. Also I walk with one in both hands from time to time. I lift them often every day, but since I am not working out the rest of the body I feel like I'm disproportioned psychically.

Either way, last night was a kinda nightmarish, as one of my roommates had a party(on a tuesday??) which lasted from 9PM to 3:30AM. Even though they made a lot of noises I noticed that after 1AM I wasn't tired at all; don't know if it's the body re-adjusting to the loss of sugar, wheat or whatever.

Could be that since the body is a bit more healthier that it has more energy(like my body fat) to use, and ergo makes me..."not tired".

Now it's 2:48PM here, and I hope I can get a goodnight sleep, because it's been a long day, and I've been awake nearly 32-33hours now..

My sugar cravings which I had this weekend has kinda faded away, almost, now I can look at sugary/sweet stuff without craving it.

Just got to stick together till 9PM so I can hit the bed..
    Last edited by futhark; 11-11-2010 at 09:45 AM.
    "Byrši betri
    berat mašur brautu aš
    en sé manvit mikiš"

Journal!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...imal-Journal-_

jazmin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by futhark View Post
    - See brighter on things, I suspect that the garbage I've been eating have been a bad influence on my mood.
    - Actually start living life instead of watching it from a safe distance, which I've been doing since I was 17years old, and now I am 25. (My weight have been a major influence on my self-esteem, and I hope it will rise as the weight falls down)
    Hi, and welcome to Journal-land. It will be fun! (And smart people will have lots of good advice to share here, as they did on your sugar thread.) Are you native to Norway? My goodness, you write very well in English. I am curious about the translation of your signature line ... or is it a secret...?

I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on the items above. I have had similar problems, and I will say that going 100% on removing grains from my diet has made a pretty significant impact on my mental status, my outlook on life as well as my confidence in participation. I suspect my brain chemistry is slowly reorganizing for the better after a month on the PB. You are likely to experience something similar, if you are patient, I believe.

Jazmin

Hi jazmin!=)

I am a norwegian, yes, and thanks; you learn alot from watching shows like A-team when you're a kid..
    My signature has a meaning, and you're more than welcome to try finding a translation of it.
    I do hope it will get better eventually, but I did freak out today by eating two pizza slices (mostly because I didn't have enough money, and my salary doesn't get in my account until tomorrow.. :/ Unhealthy food is unfortunately more available than the good stuff, but I made a mistake.

B: One egg, fire bacon slices, and leftovers from yesterday; one meat ball made from moose meat.

L: One big meat ball made from moose meat, chopped in small bits and covered with tomato puree, cayenne pepper and herbs.

S: (unhealthy) two pizza slices from 7-11..

So right now I'm experiencing its effect on my blood sugar, who is probably on its way up. Feel a bit restless and my stomach is noticing it a bit, so now I am going to chop up some vegetables and cook me some Miso soup with it..

Added now! D: One bowl of miso soup and lots of vegetable (carrot, kale and broccoli) and a plate with roasted Asparagus, roasted onion and tomato puree (yeah, I like it)

Added now 2!:
    GROSS TALK WARNING!
    Okay, so I know it's kinda gross to mention this, but since I've (mostly) been a good boy since friday last week, I have noticed some changes in my bowel movement (is that the right word?)...
    I have for several years been troubled with loose stool because of bad nutrition, and since using probiotics for the last 4 months it's been so much better. And just recently I went number two for the first time since two days ago, and..... it was huge. O_o
    It was kinda pain-ish to get it out (and afterwards very relieved), and as it went out I didn't think it would be that big, but damn... 1,9inches wide and 7,8inches long (measured by eye) in one friggin piece! I haven't had something like that in a loooong time. Now, I don't know if this is a good sign or not, but mostly, I've been troubled for so long with loose stool that I can't imagine it being a bad side-effect or not..
    GROSS TALK WARNING OFF
    Last edited by futhark; 11-11-2010 at 10:02 AM.
    "Byrši betri
    berat mašur brautu aš
    en sé manvit mikiš"

Journal!

I ate:

B: one omelett and a avocado.

L: one pork-rib at 280gram.

D: meat..

S: nuts (pistachio, walnuts and goji berries)
    "Byrši betri
    berat mašur brautu aš
    en sé manvit mikiš"

Journal!

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    Just popping in to say HI! Good talking to you on FB yesterday.
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

You too, Sungrazer! Thanks!

Today I ate:

B: an omelett with sardines and 4 bacon slices..mmmm..
    L/D: Went to a local burger shack which doesn't use transfat (in Sweden because I went there to buy supplements since it's a much lower dosages limits in Norway)

S: transfat/gluten/artificial-free chips
    "Byrši betri
    berat mašur brautu aš
    en sé manvit mikiš"

Journal!

Starting the sunny-less Sunday with

B: An omelett with four bacon slices, I really can't get enough of them. Maybe add small mushrooms to it next week?
    D: Big bowl of miso-soup with kale, carrot and broccoli + cayenne pepper and herbs..
    S: 60% cocoa chocolate.

I know I should eat some more, but since my paycheck came in this friday I have to watch how much I spend on food, so I'll eat some more when I figure out how much I can afford.
    Last edited by futhark; 11-14-2010 at 09:52 AM.
    "Byrši betri
    berat mašur brautu aš
    en sé manvit mikiš"

Journal!

Alright, it's been a while since the last posts, I blame it on myself and my lazyness (that, and the fact that my computer had to be fixed twice during the christmas month)

But, the days have been more or less the same, so I do not exaggerate when I write what I have eaten more or less during this hiatus right here:

B: An omelet made by 3 eggs and cayenne pepper and 3-4 bacon slices, and a avocado now and then. Cooked in ghee or butter.

I.F. from 07AM to 16PM.

Snack: sometimes I ate some buns, sometimes nuts. Sparkled water nearly every day.

D: Moose meat/Wok, cooked vegetables

The odd thing is that I can I.F. without a problem. I just feel that my energy is steady and the food I eat keeps my blood sugar steady.

During christmas day I ate some chocolate(like a mini-Snickers) off a bowl at work right before I went home, and later that night, while I was eating well (and primal!) I felt that a headache was growing in my head. At first, I thought it was something that would pass by, but it grew and the intensity with it.
    I had to tell my mom, who is a midwife, what I was experiencing, and had to lay down on a bed. My body started heating up and it felt like I was a friggin volcano (!). My aunt came in while my mom gave me back rub, and then my aunt tells me that she heard what my eating habits were and thought if that could be the reason I was getting sick. I told her what the benfits were; increased energy, decreased appetite, increased tolerance to stress and in general, just feeling better than before. I told her that it was the damn mini-chocolats who made me in this...this sickening condition, and that I had managed to stay away from sugar for two months.

She felt that was a satisfying answer, and I layed in bed most of that night. On Christmas eve.
    So.Friggin.Lame. ;-/

But I recovered, feeling alot better the next day, and promised myself that I would not do that again, at least not in 12months.

Was this a reaction? Am i more insulin sensitive? I can't figure out a better explanation than that; it had to be the massproduced bullcrap I took 3-4 of that day. Otherwise, I would have experienced it earlier if it were the food I was eating.

My body is more atuned now, and I thank myself everyday for ditching sugar out of my life.
    Sure, there is some sugar now and then, but its much, much less than before.

So I thank Mark Sisson for the direction and myself for following it. Thank "you"!
    Last edited by futhark; 12-31-2010 at 04:56 AM.
    "Byrši betri
    berat mašur brautu aš
    en sé manvit mikiš"

Journal!

Since 28th february I've been sick due to a flu/wrongly cooked burger.
    Now, even though that was a terrible experience, something that made me feel as helpless and weak as a baby, I've also felt that this was kind of a re-birth scenario (TMI!!! because i throwed up while having loose stool)..

Since my recovery on friday, I've been going very easy on the food, but yesterday i ate a kebab-ish dinner with real meat. Now that was a whole other experience than the regular kebab i've normally eaten. I felt so full that I wasn't even hungry the day after (today).

Today, I took a walk that lasted 1hr. First time in a while i've done this..
    Feeling quite energetic, actually. This is something i'm gonna repeat, even more as the winter is coming to an end here in Oslo, Norway (hopefully....).

Now I am having two slices of tenderloins, bathed in butter-cooked onions and shiitake mushrooms.
    This is the first meal I'm having since yesterday, so it's kinda like a break after a fasting. Not nearly 24hrs, but somewhere around 21hrs.
    This one-meal-a-day could be something for me!
    I'm going to try it out while I'm working and see if it helps my fat-burning-effect.

I do have a belly, so "crossing fingers!"...
    "Byrši betri
    berat mašur brautu aš
    en sé manvit mikiš"

Journal!

fable is offline Senior Member
    Hey futhark, cool to see a fellow Norwegian lurking around I don't think there are too many of us Norwegian primal people, although the low-carb thing is catching on here.

I guess if eating one meal a day works well for you, just go for it. It's not really for me, although I do skip breakfast quite often. I have done 24 hr fasts (ala Eat-Stop-Eat) which made me drop quite a bit of weight, but I wasn't eating primal foods, and when I couldn't keep up the fasting routine, I gained weight again. So this time, I'm eating primal foods, only skipping meals when I am truly not hungry.

Noticed in your first post that you made some moose meatballs. I seriously believe I have the Best Meatball Recipe on Earth, with ground moose. Will post it someday soon Good luck to you!