Thread: A Year Today! page

breadsauce is offline Senior Member

A Year Today!

Shop Now
    Been primal / paleo a year today! And feel so much better for it! Asthma - all but gone. Blood pressure - down. Weight loss - over a stone.

Bad aspects? Can't think of ANY!

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    Grats bub
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

maranne is offline Senior Member
    Great news! Thanks for sharing!

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Fantastic.

Happy Primal Birthday!
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    Excellent!
    Type 1 diabetic for 25 years.
    Low carb for 7 years, LC Primal for 2.5 of those.
    Fruit and starch free.
    Total weight loss- 3 stone/42 pounds. Current weight = 121 pounds. Height 5'5
    I take Zymessence systemic enzymes.

Bodhi is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations!!!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Congrats and indeed happy primal bday!

Suse is offline Senior Member
    well done. what was your asthma like to begin with. I feel like mine has drastically diminished as well in the last 6 mths. Part of that I have put down to getting new carpet (ie, ridding the house of 1 billion dustmites!) part to regular vit d supplementing and part to eating less grains - I am no where near perfect on that front. anyway, I no longer take my preventative and I havent had to have a mid night puff on my ventolin for absolutely ages.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    well done. what was your asthma like to begin with. I feel like mine has drastically diminished as well in the last 6 mths. Part of that I have put down to getting new carpet (ie, ridding the house of 1 billion dustmites!) part to regular vit d supplementing and part to eating less grains - I am no where near perfect on that front. anyway, I no longer take my preventative and I havent had to have a mid night puff on my ventolin for absolutely ages.
    It was "controlled" with steroid inhalers, and ventolin if I did anything strenuous - like walking up hills etc etc!

Now, no grains and no milk / cheese really helped. No longer on steroids, very rarely need ventolin - and I can walk miles, get up steep hills with no problem and find that I can do gardening for several hours instead of say 20 minutes! Gave me a great shock the first time I did that - two plus hours of quite arduous gardening, weeding, mowing - and the next day I had aching muscles where I didn't know muscles ought to be!

Still once a day seretide, but that is a great improvement on four a day of quite strong steroid!