Thread: Flu page

LiamH is offline Junior Member

Flu

Shop Now
    Hi all,

I've been 'primal' for just over 3 weeks now. All going well lost 6 pounds and felt OK except for the odd day of 'carb flu'. One slight hitch is that I've had a flu type illness for the last week and it's proving hard to shift. Pounding base of the skull headaches, shivers, temperature, leg and lower back aches, although most of its gone apart from a slight headache now. I don't normally get flu; anything to do with Primal or sometihng I'm doing wrong? Or just 'one of those things?

Grateful for any tips.

Liam

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    You've answered your own question - it's carb flu (takes ages to dissipate completely). Oh, and don't get too excited about the weight loss; it's going to be about 95% water now you're not stuffing grains in yer gob (starch soaks up water like nothing on Earth - just look at porridge...)
    La tristesse durera toujours...

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrinking_Violet View Post
    You've answered your own question - it's carb flu (takes ages to dissipate completely). Oh, and don't get too excited about the weight loss; it's going to be about 95% water now you're not stuffing grains in yer gob (starch soaks up water like nothing on Earth - just look at porridge...)
    Violet,

Bwahahahahahaha

stuffing grains in yer gob

That is sooo cute. Must be an English/Irish old saying?

Grizz

mozzy10 is offline Senior Member
    It's probably just carb flu and your body adjusting to it's new healthy diet. Don't worry too much about it... I mean, unless your head explodes or something

Well done on the weight loss. Keep up the good work!!

christi@japan is offline Junior Member
    I was coming to ask jus this about the carb flu. I was great for the first 10 days. Yesterday was so tired. TODAY HEADACHE> I was pretty sure I was in the throws of a detoxing carb flu, but wanted to know why now? Last time I carb cut it was days 3-7 that were bad. I thought this seemd late. :/ I had some leg cramps last night too, so I will be making banana and almond pancakes tomorrow for a little potasium kicker.

I have tried it all: tylenol, heat pack, nap, even a coffee with a splash of cream. How long will this take? I feel icky.
    Mom of 4 awesome kids, wife to one great husband; all on our way to living PRIMAL.My Mantra: I am not a Number:weight, clothing size,etc. I am in it for the HEALTH!

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I'm not sure the carb flu should cause a fever. I would guess you had an actual viral illness. Are you feeling better?

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    It's carb flu: take 4 eggs and call us in the morning.

Hi jammies,

Yes I think you're right. Can't really see how carb flu would cause a fever but then I am a beginner. Feeling a lot better, probably go back to the kettle bells tomorrow (can't go for a long walk as I'm on call for work). I think I went through the carb flu before, which I 'treated' by eating fat 'hurrah'! Thanks for replying

Liam

Thanks for the encouraging words Mozzy,

Liam