Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting article on fasting and testosterone levels. page

Alexb is offline Banned

Interesting article on fasting and testosterone levels.

Primal Fuel
    http://ukpmc.ac.uk/articles/PMC2607546/

Granted it was done on rats but i have been feeling a lot more aggressive/alpha/superior since starting intermittent fasting.

Apparently the logic is the male rats anticipate a drop in fertility in the females (because of a lack of calories) and so compensate by increasing gonadotropin production.

This diet is making me even more anti-social than i usually am. I want to have sex with almost every female i see and fight almost every male i see.

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexb View Post
    http://ukpmc.ac.uk/articles/PMC2607546/
    Apparently the logic is the male rats anticipate a drop in fertility in the females (because of a lack of calories)
    So wouldn't that mean that human women who IF are harming their fertility? *confused*

Alexb is offline Banned
    To a certain extent, yes. Prolonged periods of calorie restriction has been known to stop ovulation and generally mess up a woman's cycle. When food is scarce, the body conserves energy that would otherwise be used for reproduction and uses it instead for survival of more essential body systems.

However the body can be tricked over the short term. The adaptations kick in before any damage is done so you can have your cake and eat it too so to speak. Intermittent fasting can give you some of the benefits of a low calorie diet without any of the drawbacks and without really depriving yourself.

primalrob is offline Senior Member

This diet is making me even more anti-social than i usually am. I want to have sex with almost every female i see and fight almost every male i see.
    IF-ing has had an almost opposite effect on me. i have considerably more energy which makes me want to more social. i've never really been all that competitive or a fighter, so there wasn't much of a change there. there may have a slight change with attraction to women, but nothing of note.
    i suppose there are other things that could be going on my life that might make my experience different, but i think i'm a much better version of myself with IF...more patience and attention, etc.

New Renaissance is offline Senior Member

Is this a true statement or tongue-in-cheek?

I suppose it is plausible. Bodybuilder's who use steroids to artificially raise their testosterone levels talk about how the 'roids magnify who they really are. If they are already prone to conflict and anger, then they are the ones with the rages. I have been surrounded by athletic testosterone driven individuals in the military for years now, and you can definitely tell there are high testosterone levels around. You can trust em with your money or your life, but not your wife.

Alexb is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by New Renaissance View Post
    Is this a true statement or tongue-in-cheek?

I suppose it is plausible. Bodybuilder's who use steroids to artificially raise their testosterone levels talk about how the 'roids magnify who they really are. If they are already prone to conflict and anger, then they are the ones with the rages. I have been surrounded by athletic testosterone driven individuals in the military for years now, and you can definitely tell there are high testosterone levels around. You can trust em with your money or your life, but not your wife.
    100% true statement.

Even girls that i would previously never have even considered having sex with are looking extremely good.

Basically it turns a 5 into a 7 and a 7 into a 9. As for 9s and 10s, i won't even go there...its gotten so i can't even go to class now without just staring at the girls in front of me and fantasizing about them. I get no work done, and i can't concentrate on shit.

Any male who isn't a friend will get a hard stare, i haven't gotten into any fights yet but i feel like it might come to that soon. Most people try to avoid conflict though so they look away rather than maintain uncomfortable eye-contact.

I'm not usually a dick but i feel like i'm becoming more and more like i'm supposed to be, more like my authentic self, even though he appears to be a complete asshole.

Adrianne is offline Senior Member
    100% true statement.

Even girls that i would previously never have even considered having sex with are looking extremely good.

Basically it turns a 5 into a 7 and a 7 into a 9. As for 9s and 10s, i won't even go there...its gotten so i can't even go to class now without just staring at the girls in front of me and fantasizing about them. I get no work done, and i can't concentrate on shit.

Any male who isn't a friend will get a hard stare, i haven't gotten into any fights yet but i feel like it might come to that soon. Most people try to avoid conflict though so they look away rather than maintain uncomfortable eye-contact.

I'm not usually a dick but i feel like i'm becoming more and more like i'm supposed to be, more like my authentic self, even though he appears to be a complete asshole.
    Holy crap, jack off man.

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianne View Post
    Holy crap, jack off man.
    +1000000000000000000000000000

Let that shit out!!! lol

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    i can't even go to class now without just staring at the girls in front of me and fantasizing about them
    How old are you anyway? That's pretty much how I remember all of high school...

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianne View Post
    Holy crap, jack off man.
    HAHAHA....Brain is all clogged up with that baby batter, can't think strait.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast