Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mehdi banned me from Stronglifts forum!

Hybrid View

Mehdi banned me from Stronglifts forum!

At least, banned me from new posting, edited two of my posts, and prevented me from sending PMs. Because I recommended a guy on there try Paleo. Mehdi himself responded "Paleo is a fad diet" and posted two terrible links from the mainstream press. I suggested he read up on the subject and provided a couple of links. Two posts later I found myself unable to make new posts.

He let this other guy diss Paleo freely, he himself posts links and disses paleo, then shuts me down. The absolute opposite of what a "discussion" board should be. Just had to vent and let people know about it.

lcme Guest
    That's too bad that he's so closed minded.

Links to these threads so we can post... uh... constructively... on his forums?

edit: I'M KIDDING WE ARE NOT 30 PENISES A DAY FORUMS

edit2: oh god, I meant 30 bananas a day, same difference

Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post

Your first few posts have to go through and editor first, and he would probably delete your = constructive = feedback anyhow.
    This is the "redacted" page. http://stronglifts.com/forum/confusi...se-t31288.html

Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post

Is that a penis in your mouth or did you go vegan?
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

that blows. though, i gotta say, this forum is way better than stronglifts. i guess i'm not surprised that mehdi would have a problem with primal/paleo...he advocated so strongly for joel marion's 'cheat your way thin' which recommended gorging yourself on the crappiest food imaginable for refeeds

Lyle McDonald disses paleo all the time too. Lyle's blog is still good for people that want to get brainy as hell on fitness.

I just really don't understand arguments AGAINST eating natural foods. Really boggles my mind. Fuck medhi though, all he was good for was ripping off Rippetoe in creating 5x5.

Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Lyle McDonald disses paleo all the time too. Lyle's blog is still good for people that want to get brainy as hell on fitness.

I just really don't understand arguments AGAINST eating natural foods. Really boggles my mind. Fuck medhi though, all he was good for was ripping off Rippetoe in creating 5x5.
    Nah Lyle doesn't rip on the paleo diet itself, but rather the flawed rationale that *some people* have with regards to why it works. His book "The Ketogenic Diet" is the best technical text out there on low-carb eating. He's definitely well aware of the benefits.

I agree though, I don't understand how anyone can make an argument against eating meat and veggies.
    My food blog ~ http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com
    My primal success story

"Boxing seems to contain so complete and so powerful an image of life -- life's beauty, vulnerability, despair, incalculable and often self-destructive courage -- that boxing IS life, and hardly a mere game." --Joyce Carol Oates

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    I just really don't understand arguments AGAINST eating natural foods.
    I think it's just the name "Paleo". It would be like going to the WeightWatchers forum and recommending South Beach. I've told hundreds of people about Paleo without ever using the term. Just tell them to stop eating processed food and explain what foods are processed. They'll get it.

Ha! Didn't realize this was an old post, revived by spammers...still applies.

I could care less what the guy thinks. But if you read it, you only get to read the parts of messages that he approves, yet you think it's a "discussion" - it's like reading a newspaper article that's been censored without knowing it's been censored.

Hey guys, tell me honestly: I'm not a dick am I? I always believe that if someone thinks you are obnoxious you should stop just for a minute and say "am I obnoxious?"