Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vision Improvement - Significant page

cillakat is offline Senior Member

Vision Improvement - Significant

Primal Fuel
    I had the "annual"eye exam today. "Annual" gets the quotes b/c it's more like every 18-24 months depending on when I run out of contacts. Since I don't toss them every two weeks, a box of six last me...forever it seems.

Anyway, the appearance of floaters in my vision has - I think - totally been eliminated and there was a 'significant' improvement in my vision. Enough that my prescription was adjusted downwards.

K

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

lcme is offline Senior Member
    I just saw this in the other thread. Nice!

I had PRK 2 years ago. I hope that I can get some continued improvement as well.

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    Excellent news!

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Great news! I'm hoping for the same when my last box of contacts runs out (maybe in a year?)

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    What do you reckon has been the cause of the improvement?

I have been in a funk ever since getting my eye exam and the doctor told me I have a cataract in one eye. I am barely 40. He said it was surely the result of the traumatic blow when I had my accident (as the side that took the brunt of the impact is the side the cataract is on, and there is a massive difference in my eyes -- the other side is perfectly healthy).

I asked him at the time if there was anything diet-wise I could do to control or even reverse this, and he said no. But I think differently....
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    What do you reckon has been the cause of the improvement?
    Here is what I posted in my journal when someone asked that:
    I did recently hugely up my sat fat and decrease my overall PUFA intake but I don't know when the improvement in vision happened b/c I haven't had it tested in 18 mos.

I wouldn't be suprised though if it were in response to a combination of things:
    • getting off sugar/grains
    • reduction of inflammation due to the above
    • improved circulation due to exercise
    • careful attention to frequent breaks from the computer - focusing eyes far far away (like every 5-10 min)
    • increase in SaFA, decrease in PUFA (though still a 1:1 Ω3:Ω6)....SaFA is less prone to oxidation. I've been eating no grain fed animals. Even butter and cheese are coming from grassfed.
    • continued significant intake of antioxdiants from plant matter (much more than most ppl get)....and since the antioxidants aren't getting used up as quickly by the PUFA intake, they can go to other uses (ie protecting the retina...though this is an oversimplification)

And when I say increase in SaFA, I mean big increase. I am cutting off chunks of butter and eating it like cheese. Probably 30g or so per day....but I'm not suggesting that is a good idea for most - especially if there is grain/sugar consumption going on then that is probably a Very Bad Idea.

I have been in a funk ever since getting my eye exam and the doctor told me I have a cataract in one eye. I am barely 40. He said it was surely the result of the traumatic blow when I had my accident (as the side that took the brunt of the impact is the side the cataract is on, and there is a massive difference in my eyes -- the other side is perfectly healthy).

I asked him at the time if there was anything diet-wise I could do to control or even reverse this, and he said no. But I think differently....
    Yeah...it does make one wonder. Since he seems to be saying it's the result of the blow from the accident, I can't help but wonder if controlling inflammation would have been beneficial - ie lots of proteolytic enzymes, bromelain 2000 GDU, 500mg 2 caps taken 4x per day on an empty stomach. And the other components of wound healing and tissue integrity, zinc, c, d, a, lots of antioxidants.

Who knows though....

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, Kat. I will check into everything you said. I need to get crackin' on my eye health, rather than sitting around feeling sorry for myself.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Wow! I've noticed recently that the sight in my right eye must have changed a little because my vision is a little blurrier in that one when I wear contacts, but I'm not sure if it's for the worse or for the better. I will get myself to an optometrist soon. I always thought that there was no way to improve eyesight (except laser surgery), but this gives me hope!

KestrelSF is offline Senior Member
    I also had my prescription change, for the better, for the first time ever my last eyedoctor visit. When he did the 'which is better, this ... or this...' part and I picked the lower power he had to check a few times to make sure. "Really, are you sure ..." My vision had improved by a whole power in that eye.
    Apathy is tyranny's greatest ally.

Chefgerry is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Same thing happened to me last year. My prescription went down quite a bit and my Doc said it's not uncommon and she see's it all the time.
    Whether you think you can..... or you think you can't..... your 100 % correct.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast