Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flu shot in the first trimester? page 2

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    NO WAY!

Just be sure to stay away from the sugar this fall/winter, which will hammer your immune system, and down you'll go.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

earthspirit is offline Senior Member
    I got it in my second trimester only because I was getting on a plane to Hawaii. And planes are like huge flu/cold breeding grounds. Plus your immune system is almost nothing when you are pregnant, or else you would reject your fetus as a foreign contaminant. I'm not totally anti-vaccine but I am pretty anti-flu vaccine, and never considered taking it until I was pregnant - and like i said - getting on a plane full of potentially sick people.

scubasam is offline Senior Member
    The only time I would vaccinate myself or my kids with any flu shot is if one of them was immuno-compromised or a newborn. My baby got the H1N1 last year when she was very very ill and her getting the flu could have pushed her over the edge and killed her. Otherwise, I am not a proponent of fly vaccines at all.

Having said that, I have a good friend who is a virologist (as is her husband who worked on the H1N1 vaccine for a while) and she is newly pregnant and got the flu vaccines because her pregnancy is high risk. He gets the flu vaccine every year as well (but only started after he got the flu was bedridden for two weeks).

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Why do you want to have a chemical injected into your body that our CDC has admitted is of no effect. According to numerous reports I encountered while surfing the Internet the past few months the flu vaccine purportedly has been banned in Europe and Australia.

Don't do it.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12