Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Coconut "Crack" Creamer page

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member

Primal Coconut "Crack" Creamer

Primal Fuel
    OMG! I can't find the original post where I found the link to the recipe...but DAMN! I Could drink this by itself w/o coffee!

http://followingmynose.blogspot.com/...e-creamer.html

As I am slowly eliminating things...I finally grabbed my ovaries and decided to whip this up. my first cup of coffee was w/my usual goats milk...my second was with the the Coconut Creamer... Heaven. I will say I cheated a bit and added some (a TBS to be exact) of my organic caramel coffee syrup. I want another cup of coffee just so I can have this!!! If you haven't tired it its a GREAT replacement for creamer or goatsmilk... I think I can easily give up my goats milk for this stuff!!!!!

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    That sounds wonderful!

junebu8 is offline Senior Member
    Yum. I generally use almond milk in my morning coffee, but sometimes I want something rich and sinful in my tea at night, for dessert. This sounds like a hit!

lizch is offline Senior Member
    I'm on my second batch. The first batch was a disaster--I used coconut milk that had been in the fridge, and the whole mixture congealed into this beige lump of slushy goo, which then went completely solid again in the fridge....looked disgusting but tasted good. So I made a second batch yesterday using room temperature milk and it was perfect.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

QuirkyPixy is offline Senior Member
    I tried making this and it turned out really liquid and not very creamy. Are you supposed to dump the water from the top of the coconut milk can first?

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    IDK.. I dumped the whole can in...it wasn't very "whip" like - but then again I used my Vitamix Blender instead of my hand mixer with the beater attachment - as far as I'm concerned ...I RDC if it isn't whip like...it works well as it is....but that's me

lizch is offline Senior Member
    My second batch never went peaky like whipped cream, but it's definitely a little airy. I tipped the whole can in (full fat coconut milk) and I melted the oil slightly.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

FMN
    FMN is offline Senior Member
    It makes me giddy that this is working for so many others! Thanks for sharing it Shijin13!

It definitely thickens up after a few hours in the fridge, and I just added that bit of info to the post, so hopefully that will help anyone else that makes it. (And apologies to those that had to figure it out the hard way!)

I have tried a few variations with different extracts, almond, orange, etc and they all seem to work well. But if you add too much, the alcohol seems to keep the creamer from thickening. I also tried one batch with two eggs instead of one...yuk. That didn't work.

I think Liz makes the most important point, to have your ingredients at room temp for the best results.

Now I'm off to try a "coconut cheese" recipe. Has anyone had success with that?

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    wow, looks awesome!! i wonder if, instead of melted coconut oil, if you added a bit of super dark chocolate melted with the coconut oil to make a chocolate whipped "cream"...

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    wow, looks awesome!! i wonder if, instead of melted coconut oil, if you added a bit of super dark chocolate melted with the coconut oil to make a chocolate whipped "cream"...
    ..... Off to try that now

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast