Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Coconut "Crack" Creamer page 2

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I made this.....

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    wow, looks awesome!! i wonder if, instead of melted coconut oil, if you added a bit of super dark chocolate melted with the coconut oil to make a chocolate whipped "cream"...
    with a coupla squares of Lindt 85%, Saoirse I think you may have inadvertantly come up with the most amazing primal chocolate mousse recipe. After a few hours in the fridge I went to make a coffee with it (still very nice, a bit mocha like but not ott) and then had a spoonful on its own, then another and then another... It is amazing!!!

Kchalbi is offline Junior Member
    This turned out super runny for me...seemed even runnier than my plain coconut milk? Maybe I need to play with the proportions, and of course add the chocolate!

lizch is offline Senior Member
    I just made another batch, and made a couple of observations:
    I accidentally used a light coconut milk (which I had accidentally bought in the first place!)
    I made up the difference in fat content with extra coconut oil. I think the end result is runnier than the full fat version, but it's not chilled yet.

I took a small batch of it and mixed it with 85% chocolate per NourishedEm's precedence. If the original creamer was crack, this may be Primal Coconut Chocolate Heroin Creamer.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

FMN
    FMN is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lizch View Post
    I just made another batch, and made a couple of observations:
    I accidentally used a light coconut milk (which I had accidentally bought in the first place!)
    I made up the difference in fat content with extra coconut oil. I think the end result is runnier than the full fat version, but it's not chilled yet.

I took a small batch of it and mixed it with 85% chocolate per NourishedEm's precedence. If the original creamer was crack, this may be Primal Coconut Chocolate Heroin Creamer.
    Now, I am actually scared to make this...I might end up needing intervention or something!!

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    OH.... gonna have to try this... I have some dagoba cacao powder... Going to have to "whip up" some! I'm thinking you could substitute this in a cheese cake... especially w/the chocolate!

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member
    Mine never turned into a whipped cream consistency either. I made it at night with beaters in a bowl and it was like milk. In the morning after sitting in the fridge I beat it one more time and it only became a little thicker like organic heavy cream. I did add an extract though and maybe that was why.

I had to heat up the coconut oil in order to turn it into liquid and pour it in. Maybe I should wait till it cools down a bit?

rozska is offline Senior Member
    Mmmm. This looks heavily! And it's the one reason why I won't go dairy free -- because I need cream in my coffee. I will have to try this next week. Thanks for posting!
    If I don't live my dream, who will?

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Posting an update on this miracle recipe!

I've been using it in tea/coffee in place of dairy since November. It would have been much harder to be dairy-free without it.

I've been gradually tweaking it...

1) I usually use 2/3 full fat coconut milk, 1/3 water. Pours better when cold.

2) I don't work too hard to get it frothy, partly because I don't really care if it's frothy or not, and partly because I'm very inconsistent about getting the froth...not sure why.

3) Today for the first time I tried using olive oil instead of coconut oil (because I have 2 gallons of coconut oil to get through, but I don't like the flavor of this specific brand in something as bland as the creamer, and if I buy the coconut oil I like, I'll never use the 2 gallons for anything....!!) Worked GREAT, and I liked skipping the step of melting the coconut oil. I drizzled the olive oil in while whisking so it would emulsify, and it doesn't seem to have separated out in my coffee. I used light olive oil, so no taste. Would like to try almond oil too.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Seagal is offline Junior Member
    Has anyone analyzed the recipe for carb content? I put it an nutritiondata and not sure it is correct, for 12 servings it had one carb per serving.

Thanks, it sounds wonderful! Plus, the health benefits of coconut oil are fantastic.
    Last edited by Seagal; 01-10-2011 at 01:16 PM.

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member
    Olive oil in my coffee?? Really?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast