Thread: Insanity page

profdjj is offline Senior Member

Insanity

Has anyone thought about using one of the Insanity DVDs for their "sprint"? I own Insanity but I haven't done it in awhile. I thought about getting them back out but thought that maybe that would be another instance of "chronic cardio" - it seems I'm very attracted to chronic cardio sessions. Your thoughts?

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    For my $.02, I would say Insanity is definitely chronic cardio.
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

carres1973 is offline Senior Member
    Agree. Insanity is definitely NOT sprints. They are not interval workouts in the "sprint" sense. The "work" sections are WAAAAAAAY too long to be considered intervals. Shaun T even says the workouts flip the concept of intervals upside down so you are working at maximum much longer.

Carrie

profdjj is offline Senior Member
    That's true. I do like the energy of Shaun T but I guess I should leave them on the shelf instead.

Dizzordr is offline Junior Member
    Y'know,
    (Sorry if this thread is dead, but..)
    It's pretty cold and gross here in Canada -- not too pleasant for someone like me to go outside. So I use Insanity to Sprint. I've only been doing it for a few weeks, but I kinda like it. Here's what I do:
    Throw on one of the videos like Plyometric Cardio Circuit, and just do the warmup. But instead of going constant, pause it for like 10 seconds between each movement or two. It feels like it does the trick, and doesn't overwork me. So yeah! Maybe give it a shot.
    -D

Andtckrtoo is offline Senior Member
    Hard to believe that 30 minutes of cardio - which the first month set is, constitutes chronic cardio. I agree it's not really sprinting either, though. I enjoy these once in a while. (And yes, I do mean enjoy - I find them fun once in a while). I view these pretty much in the same light as a good jog.
    Christine
    Wag more, bark less

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i like the infomercials best.

i think if you did it once a week for 30 minutes, it wouldn't be chronic cardio and it wouldn't kill you.

JenCat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think it would be perfectly acceptable once, maybe twice a week. Particularly something from the 1st month. After that, the workouts are pretty long. If you enjoy them, though, they could be considered "play."