Page 95 of 196 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 95

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Dear macadamia nuts,

Fuck you for being so god damn expensive. $10 for a small can? You can kiss my ass.

ps: I still love you and think about you often.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

I have found how to get the kids to exercise without even knowing it. BUBBLES! They were running and jumping like crazy until every last drop of the bubbles were gone.

Now they're watching Charlotte's Web. I have a feeling I will have an even harder time getting them to eat meat after this movie.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    maybe they won't get it. my kids used to love watching Bambi, but they're still omnivores.

bubbleS! what a good idea! have you seen those little bubble containers that prevent them from spilling? coolest invention ever.

Last edited by Saoirse; 04-13-2012 at 04:15 PM.

We have one of those spill proof bubble things. my 3 year old managed to spill it within 15 minutes. Oh, a word of advice, NEVER get those colored bubbles. I don't care what they say about non-staining. THEY STAIN EVERYTHING.

My oldest is the one who questions the eating animals. We've had long talks about how it isn't wrong for a lion to eat meat because that's what they are supposed to eat, and we are too. She understands what I say, but she has a very soft heart. She still eats some meat, just not very much.

how old is she? my 8 year old came home from school one day saying that it was wrong to kill animals. so i explained that farming kills a lot of animals too, and not big animals but little animals and their animal babies. it sounds a bit like propaganda the way i said it here, but i explained it to him and also that no matter what we eat, animals will be displaced and die. kind of a bummer deal, but he got over it.

Just finished breakfast and downing some coffee before heading out the door. Going to a local Earth Day festival. They're going to have a farmer's market and lots of fun stuff for kids, so it should be fun. It rained pretty hard last night and it's still pretty overcast today, hopefully it doesn't rain. I was looking at the pictures for the event and, I'm not sure, but I think I saw what looked like a giant rock wall. We can only hope.

So last night my 6 year old did cry watching Charlotte's Web. It wasn't the old animated one from when I was a kid, it was a Babe styled one with actors and real animal. It actually wasn't like a vegan propaganda movie like a was fearing. The spider made the point that animals do what comes naturally, like her eating bugs, and that all things have to eventually die. It goes along with what I was already telling her about how people are just animal too, and we have to do whats natural for us. Then they watched the Iron Giant. That was the movie that had them crying like Niagra Falls. Luckily the giant puts himself back together and I said "look, it's a happen ending. You don't have to be sad." both kids AND my wife were crying.

Good time at the earth day festival. They had a blue grass band playing, and plenty of bounce houses for the kids. There was one really big inflatable slide thing that they went on. The little one went up but never came down. I got the attendant to let the older one skip the line and go get her. She goes up and comes down a few minutes later by herself. I ask her "so where's you sister?" She says "Oh, she's still up there. She's afraid to come down." I know....that's why i sent you back up! Luckily a young teen girl was up there and helped her down. The weird thing is, she's been on bigger slides and never hesitated. I wonder what was different today.

The farmer's market part truly sucked ass. Leave to South Florida to have a farmer's market without actually having anything from a farm. Gourmet baked goods and homemade jewelry doesn't fucking count. We left there and went to another farmer's market at another park. This one is small, but at least it is a farmer's market. We got some raw honey from a local bee guy. I hear that raw local honey can be good for combating allergies. The egg people were there. but I already have like 3 dozen in the fridge, so I passed on those today. There was a new grass fed beef guy there I got to talk to. His prices were kind of high, so I asked if he gave any discounts for larger orders. I got the impression he didn't want to talk about lowering prices openly with other customers around. He gave me his e-mail and said to tell him what kind of order I was looking for and he would give me a quote. We'll see how it turns out.

After, we went to play in the park. I feel so bad for my little one. She's tries so hard to make friends and play with other kids, but people around here are so fucking weird. Nothing but a bunch of antisocial fucks. Dad playing with you isn't the same as kids your own age.

We then went for a walk around the nature preserve, which led to several foot races. This time the little one wanted to join in, so that was pretty cool. The way back to the car was alternating piggy back rides between the two of them.

When we got home I had to run back out to get some things. I found that when wearing VFF's, the freaks of Walmart look at you like you're the the weird one.

Today's workout:

Double KB Clean and Press, 4 x 10
    Pull-ups, 10-10-9-8-7
    Push-ups, 30-20-20-15-15
    Split Squats, 3 x 10 each side
    KB Swings, 2 x 50

Worked out fasted today, about 16 hours in(with the exception of coffee in the AM) . I like the feeling of it better, so i think I will try to make it a more regular thing. Broke the fast with a banana after my shower, and will eat some steak and eggs in a little bit.

saw this in the check-out line the other day

So what has Paula Dean learned from diabetes? Have a big old fucking cake! What a fucking idiot.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    So what has Paula Dean learned from diabetes? Have a big old fucking cake! What a fucking idiot.
    Wait, wait, wait. Cake doesn't cure diabetes? Paula Deen has been misleading me all this time?! Say it ain't soooooooooooo!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Wait, wait, wait. Cake doesn't cure diabetes? Paula Deen has been misleading me all this time?! Say it ain't soooooooooooo!
    Pfft...next you're going to tell me that it doesn't burn belly fat, and fast food ISN'T a part of a healthy diet! nutcase.