Page 90 of 185 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 90

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hahaha! Nice, Dave. We shall see! I'll be going into the folk music store today and checking out a few of the mandolins they have. I think that Eastman is one of 'em. If I like how it plays, I'll see how money's looking in a few weeks. There are some on eBay, brand new, for 75% the price.

You got big plans for Easter?

edit:

Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    string instruments definitely have the CDI factor(chicks dig it)
    This.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Ooo i love the finish on that one (see, it's working already!)

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Hahaha! Nice, Dave. We shall see! I'll be going into the folk music store today and checking out a few of the mandolins they have. I think that Eastman is one of 'em. If I like how it plays, I'll see how money's looking in a few weeks. There are some on eBay, brand new, for 75% the price.
    I don't know much about mandolins, but I have seen some nice looking guitars on ebay. It makes me nervous though not being able to pick it up and finger-fuck it for a while to make sure I like the action and all.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    Ooo i love the finish on that one (see, it's working already!)
    Damn Patrick, you're working your magic by just showing a picture of the damn thing! Imagine if you actually played it!!!

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

I don't know much about mandolins, but I have seen some nice looking guitars on ebay. It makes me nervous though not being able to pick it up and finger-fuck it for a while to make sure I like the action and all.
    imo you have a point. i bought a cheap electric violin from ebay for maybe $40. electric violins aren't that complex and shouldn't require a great deal of mastery to make provided you follow a plan. well, this one was literally unplayable. the dimensions of the bridge, fingerboard, etc. were all wrong. and that's not even considering acoustics, the breaking in of the bridge and sound post (forgot what that's called) or simply how it feels in your hands.

Today's workout:

50 Burpees
    100 KB Snatches
    150 KB Swings
    Pull-ups, 10-10-10-5
    Push-ups, 25-20-20-15
    Split Squats w/ Bulgarian bag, 3 x 10 each side

No times kept for the workout, but I was happy with the pace. I guess I figure as long as I push myself as hard as I can for that workout it really doesn't matter if it was faster or slower than the last. I'll time them once in a while, but not on a regular basis.

I was going to workout yesterday, but I just wasn't feeling up to it. I guess my body was telling it needed some recovery time. I also had 2 sweet potatoes last night with dinner. that makes 2 nights in a row with 2 sweet potatoes. i guess i was needing a refeed

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    imo you have a point. i bought a cheap electric violin from ebay for maybe $40. electric violins aren't that complex and shouldn't require a great deal of mastery to make provided you follow a plan. well, this one was literally unplayable. the dimensions of the bridge, fingerboard, etc. were all wrong. and that's not even considering acoustics, the breaking in of the bridge and sound post (forgot what that's called) or simply how it feels in your hands.
    Very true. Sucks that it meant $40 was wasted.

Ha! True, but for the price... hmmm... Also, I can test drive the same model locally but buy via eBay. That said, my local shop has an in-house luthier and they guarantee their instruments and perform full pre-sale servicing to make sure the instrument kicks ass. Stupid First World problems!!

Damn Patrick, you're working your magic by just showing a picture of the damn thing! Imagine if you actually played it!!!
    I dunno. I might ruin the sexified effect by playing it! Maybe I'll just hold it and see how that works out. If nothing happens, then I'll play simple shit and pretend I just can't be bothered to play something complex at that particular moment.

It's all coming together!
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

you need to buy a strap for it and walk across town with it slung across your back. canadian panties everywhere!

what do you think of busking? i've always wanted to try it but would prefer to do it somewhere that i don't know a lot of people.

I'd love to try busking this summer, but right now it's too damn cold and I don't have the skill yet.

Of course, I could do it ironically. . . .

PrimalCon New York
    Now that is something I have never had the courage to do. The few times I have gotten up in front of an audience to play were the most stressful times of my life. It was just luck that I managed to play the right notes since it felt like my hands went numb. I don't even remember feeling the strings under my fingers.