Page 9 of 196 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 9

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Worked in the yard today and found a fucking iguana had dug its way under the chicken wire and got inside. Luckily, the little retard couldn't figure out how to climb into the raised bed and get to the plants. Let's just say that iguana won't be going in any other gardens. So now the score is Dave-1, iguanas-0. That led to a trip to home depot. Picked up some landscaping staples and pinned down the chicken wire to try to keep them out. Got a realistic looking owl that is supposed to scare shit away. We'll see how it works. Planted some sweet basil and some orange sweet peppers. Also picked up some marigolds to plant in- between the other stuff. I read they are like a natural insect repellant.

Workout today was good. The hand was feeling better so got to use the kettlebells again. It helped that I used some powder to keep my hand dry. In was corn starch powder, so at least I found a use for corn in my primal lifestyle. 2 tabatas doing kettlebell snatches alternating arms, took about a 45-50 second break between tabatas. Then did double kettlebell clean and press, 3 sets of 10. Then 3 sets of push-ups to failure. Dumbell rows 3 sets of 10. Squates with the heavy sandbag, 3 sets of 10. Then, don't know what to call them, with the kettlebell did a curl into an overhaed press, 3 sets of 10.

Dinner was leftover rib and andouille sausage with a big ass salad. For desert some 90% chocolate.

Just took some magnesium citrate and time to relax.

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    So you having iguana for lunch tomorrow?
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

I'll have to do a search for primal recipes for iguana. A have both of Mark's cookbooks and nothing for iguana. I know they carry salmonella so you have to be carefull.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    I'll have to do a search for primal recipes for iguana. A have both of Mark's cookbooks and nothing for iguana. I know they carry salmonella so you have to be carefull.

True. Let us know if you come up with any decent recipies.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    I have this awesome mental image of Dave laying low in a homemade ghillie suit, spear in hand, silently waiting for an iguana to assault his perimeter.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Damn, Patrick, do you have a crystal ball or something? I am rather fond of my ghillie suit.

This recipe looks interesting. Opinions.

Iguana in Curry Sauce

Iguana is considered a delicacy, and you might find someone in your yard during dry season trying to catch one that just ran across the street. Okay, we've never tried it, but I do have a recipe for it! Maybe we'll try it someday…

1 Iguana
    5 Tbsp. Lemon juice
    1 Tbsp. Curry powder
    3 Cloves garlic, crushed
    1 onion, chopped
    Leaves from 1 stalk celery, chopped
    1 small hot pepper, chopped fine
    2 chicken bouillon cubes or 2 tsp. bouillon powder
    2 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
    2 tomatoes, chopped
    salt and pepper

Cleaning the Iguana

Hang the iguana by the head. Cut off the feet and the crest on the back. Grab the skin with both hands at the back where you cut the crest off, and pull it towards the front until it all comes off. Cut off the tail. Cut the chest cavity open and remove the entrails. Take it down and cut off the head. Wash the iguana thoroughly. Cut it into pieces and put it in a bowl of water with the lemon juice and 1 tsp. salt. Stir. Let it sit for hour.

Cooking

Take the meat out of the water, pat it dry and sprinkle it with salt and pepper.

Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok. Add the garlic and curry powder. Stir for about a minute.

Add the meat, tomatoes and onions. Continue stirring.

Add cup water, the celery leaves, hot pepper and bouillon cubes (crushed) or powder.

Turn the heat down, and let the meat stew for hour, adding more water as necessary.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I would try it except I don't like curry. I know, I think I am the only person here who boohoos curry. I would ty maybe iguana cacciatore.
    Georgette

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    mmmmm I would definitaly try it if someone else killed and skinned and cleaned it for me!!! I'm squimish ..
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Been a good day today. Up around 7am feeling refreshed. I loves me some magnesium. Breakfast was my usual bacon and eggs. and 2 cups of coffee. Although I should clarify one thing. My coffee cup is HUGE. So I drink a little more than the average person. I have cut back though. There was a time when I would drink the entire pot while putting a shot of espresso in each cup. Now just 2-3 cups a day. Any less than that though and I'm told I am not pleasant to be around. Actually what they said is I am some kind of demon hell spawn without coffee. So primal/paleo or not, it is here to stay.

Made what is I hope my last trip to Home Depot today so my wife can finish up her yard beautification projects. She better be done, or we need to find some more money.

No more iguanas in the garden today, so I guess I'll go ahead a cook the pork steaks and sweet potato fries. I will get one of those big ones though, and I will eat it. And yes I checked, there are no laws against the killing of iguanas as long as it's done quickly as to be humane. They are an invasive species.

Other than that I just played outside with the kids. I created obstacle courses around the back yard and got the stopwatch out to see how fast we could run it. Kids don't even realize they were exercising.

Page 9 of 196 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast