Page 87 of 196 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 87

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Love this! They might get sick eating humans.
    Georgette

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Love this! They might get sick eating humans.
    They don't look too healthy NOT eating humans either. I was thinking though that these guys would be perfect to have around during a zombie apocalypse. They don't look like they would put up much of a fight. You could use them to slow the zombies down while you, and the rest of the people that could actually help, get away. It's kind of like a saying we have in SCUBA diving. "You don't have to swim faster than the shark, you just have to swim faster than your buddy." It would work the same with zombies I think.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

geostump is offline Senior Member
    The guy in the blue Hawaiian shirt looks like easy pickings. I would pull a Shane on his ass.
    Georgette

Curse you macadamia nuts, you've defied me for the last time!!! When I say I am only going to eat a few of you I mean it, damn it!

Serving size = 20 pieces my ass

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    It's almonds + macadamia nuts that kill me. That's a combination forged by Lucifer in the Crucible of Deliciousness.

That said, today has been a horrible eating day for me and I'm embracing it: hangover breakfast at a diner (2 eggs, bacon, beans, toast, and poutine), coffee; then beer and wings at lunch; and for this evening, I'm headed to The Works (a burger joint) for beer and a hamburger. Then more beer. Maybe whiskey.

April 1st is my reset day. I'm going full Primal for the 2 months pre-Spartan Race, and will start using my weighted vest for barefoot running once the weather gets out of the single digits (Celcius).
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    forged by Lucifer in the Crucible of Deliciousness.
    I think this is my new favorite quote. That was one hell of a breakfast(I had to google poutine. cheese fries with gravy? those are popular in my wife's hometown in WV). I would say not "maybe whiskey", but definitely whiskey. If this is a last big blow out for the next couple of months you might as well do it up right. So how long before the weather gets into normal people temps?

Today's workout:

100 KB Snatches
    200 KB Swings
    Push-ups, 3 x 20
    Pull-ups, 3 x 10
    Bulgarian bag Front Squats, 3 x 15

Workout done fasted, which a really like the feeling of. No times on the snatches and swings, but i felt like it was at a pretty fast pace. It was already in the upper 80's outside, so I was dripping sweat like crazy. Post workout i had a banana followed by a cold shower. Once cooled down I ate some leftover steak and some baby carrots with ranch dressing(homemade of course, no store bought mayo or anything).

Later the family wants pizza(papa john's of all things). I am not in the mood to fight it. I feeling a little worn down and not in the mood to cook, so(I hate to say it) I may have some too.

OK, change of plans. The thought of how shitty I feel after eating pizza has changed my mind. I'll still let the rest of the family get it, but I will be cooking regular food for me. It's funny, I used to be weak in that I couldn't refuse pizza, and now I'm weak in that I can't bring myself to indulge in it.

So I kind of figured that the reason I was originally craving pizza was my body wanting more carbs, especially after the fasted workout. Two sweet potatoes later I'm pretty sure I've satisfied that need. Had creole seasoned pork steak with sauteed onions along with roasted sweet potatoes.

canio6 Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Dang, that sounds good. Much better than some lame ass pizza.