Page 86 of 196 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 86

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Lots of great minimalist shoes out there. Let us know what you find! I'm personally fairly curious to find a pair that I can wear in harsher weather here. I've gotten to the point where I can't even abide my Docs.
    She settled on a pair sketchers(not the stupid rocker ones). Not the best, but not the worst. I showed her the Nike Frees and the NB Minimus, but she wasn't diggin' 'em(mainly due to the price tags).
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    She settled on a pair sketchers(not the stupid rocker ones). Not the best, but not the worst. I showed her the Nike Frees and the NB Minimus, but she wasn't diggin' 'em(mainly due to the price tags).
    I want the NB Minimus. Figured once I get back to work with a few pays under my belt, I'll get a pair.

Hey, how's the little one doing?
    Georgette

Little one is doing good. We have to remind her she is sick and shouldn't be running all around. She seems to have kicked this thing quick though. She slept through the night last night without a cough.

I like the minimus too. Sports Authority wants like $100 for them, so we said no.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    I love how the less shoe you buy, the more you pay. A fucking toe-rag with the Nike swish would be like $225.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I love how the less shoe you buy, the more you pay. A fucking toe-rag with the Nike swish would be like $225.
    And to think that my Mom made all of our shoes as babies for less then $2/pair.

Little one is doing good. We have to remind her she is sick and shouldn't be running all around. She seems to have kicked this thing quick though. She slept through the night last night without a cough.
    Glad she's doing better. That's some scary stuff.
    Georgette

Nike Toe-Rags for only $225?! Where can I get them? They're the must have shoe of the season!

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    sorry to hear about your daughter. croup is scary stuff. i had to bring my oldest to the ER when he was around 3 for the same reason. i managed to hold it together until he got help and i was sure that he was safe, then i just lost it.

btw, i'm sure your doc told you but just in case, cold mist humidifiers help croup but the steam vaporizers don't (not sure which kind you picked up). if she has another attack, breathing in cold air is the key; stick her head in the fridge if need be.

Yep, cold mist is what we got. She made a complete turn around the next day after the ER. She scared us pretty bad though.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I have the NB minimus that my husband bought me for xmas. I like them.

I'm so glad your daughter is better. Those middle of the night events are the worst.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification