Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 85

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Today's workout: (repeat of Monday's)

Max rounds in 20 minutes
    10 KB Snatches(5 each side)
    5 push-ups
    5 pull-ups
    5 Sandbag thrusters

Same problem today as the other day. Once I hit around the fifth round I find it impossible to keep count. I did a bunch and I'm happy with how I felt. Just wish I knew how of a way to track how I'm doing. I guess it doesn't really matter that much if I'm pushing myself and getting a good workout. I'll benefit from it even if I do less than the time before.

So last night was a hell of a night, and not in a good way. For the last couple of days my youngest has had what we thought was a little cold. A slight cough(not much) and a runny nose, but was running around a acting like she felt fine. But last night we were woken up by the sound of her having trouble breathing. Her breathing was real labored, she wouldn't talk to us, and even her cough sounded like she could barely get it out. It scared us enough to call 911. By the time the paramedics got here she was starting to do a little better. The said there was definite wheezing in her lungs. I took her to the ER. It turns out she has croup. So an X-ray, a breathing treatment, and some steroids later, I finally got her home around 2am. She got a prescription for prednizone(i think that's how you spell it) and I picked her up a humidifier. She is doing better today. She scared the hell out of me though.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Holy shit, man. I'm glad to hear things turned out well, but that's definitely a scare.

As for your workout, I'd say fuck tracking. All you'd do is bum yourself out should you do less than some past day. If you want, I can replicate your workouts and post mine. I think it'd go something like this:

10 KB snatches (5 each side)
    5 push-ups
    5 pull-ups
    5 Sandbag th---------

Followed by a short notice in the local paper that says:

"Here lies Patrick, who died because Dave's an unrivaled badass."
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

"Here lies Patrick, who died because Dave's an unrivaled badass."
    OK Mister "Hey, lets go run a Super Spartan!"

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

I'm glad I've become the guy on the left.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Holy mother of fuck, that sounds good! I MUST HAVE IT!!!
    I must as well. Holy crap weasels. That is so on for dinner this weekend.

canio6 Guest
    She is doing better today. She scared the hell out of me though.
    Damn man, sorry to hear this. Well, glad to hear she is doing better but sorry to hear the whole ideal. That must have been scary as shit.

OK Mister "Hey, lets go run a Super Spartan!"
    Haven't committed yet to that. I thought the venue was closer to my friends' place, but it's 45 minutes away. I need to check with them and see if they're around that weekend, and if they'd mind ferrying my ass.

That's a great picture. I was thinking about escalators the other day, actually: "So... we've become so lazy that we can't even bother to do our own stair climbing anymore? I wonder what someone in the developing world would say if they could see this fucking horseshit."

If I ever open a mall, I'm going to make it like a pyramid: crappy box stores at the bottom for the bovine masses with the few -- but most incredibly sweet and kickass -- stores up at the top. No escalators. In fact, the final level might be attainable only via 15 feet of bouldering or rope climbing or something (you get to zipline down).

Only the worthy may have Awesomeness!

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    If I ever open a mall, I'm going to make it like a pyramid: crappy box stores at the bottom for the bovine masses with the few -- but most incredibly sweet and kickass -- stores up at the top. No escalators. In fact, the final level might be attainable only via 15 feet of bouldering or rope climbing or something (you get to zipline down).

Only the worthy may have Awesomeness!
    That's the greatest idea I've ever heard. Normally I can't stand going to the mall, but I would go every day if I could zip-line down.

Speaking of malls, I have to go later today. My wife wants new shoes, and wants my opinion on more minimalist style ones. She's not ready to go with VFF's, but we're moving in the right direction. She thinks she has "weak ankles" and needs something that will give some kind of support. I try telling her the best support is your own strength.

Lots of great minimalist shoes out there. Let us know what you find! I'm personally fairly curious to find a pair that I can wear in harsher weather here. I've gotten to the point where I can't even abide my Docs.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Learned something about myself today. I rarely snack, but when I do i should avoid macadamia nuts. Mainly because I was tempted to eat the whole fucking container of them! So good!!!