Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 84

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Today's workout:

50 Burpees, time: 2:28
    100 Snatches. time: 5:27
    150 Swings, time: 6:39
    10 rounds of 3 pull-ups - 5 push-ups - 5 squats, time: 3:48

2 minute rest between each exercise. Short workout, but good intensity.

Yesterday we decided to go to the park(1st day of spring and all). Kids wanted to fly kites. It was kind of funny, there were some other people there with a rather expensive looking kite that they couldn't get up in the air. The $1.99 ones we picked up at walgreen's worked just fine. After we played on the playground for a while and then took a walk around the nature area. My youngest is a very social little girl and loves playing with other kids. It never fails that some kids act all antisocial and it's a behavior that is backed up by their parents who rush over and shuttle their kid away. God forbid kids actually play together at a park. People are fucking idiots.

Well...got to go cook now. My oldest requested ribeyes for dinner. that's my girl!
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Look...Now I'm one of the cool kids!

Today's workout:

2 sets each side of 10 swings, 10 snatches, 10 clean and press, 10 lunges
    Pull-ups, 10-10-8-7-6
    Push-ups, 25-25-15-15-10-10
    Squats with sandbag on shoulder and KB in opposite hand, 4 x 10
    Squat Jumps w/ Bulgarian bag, 3 x 10

So, got the new VFF's today. Wore them around the house and to workout in. Felt good, no issues so far. Nothing rubbing the wrong way. Tomorrow maybe I'll taje them for a short run and see how they feel.

I went to the grocery store tonight and wore the VFF's. My wife says "are you sure you want to wear them out?" She was worried that some asshole guy would want to make fun of me. She knows me better than that. I've never really cared what strangers thought. I would welcome comments. Didn't get any though. I guess no one wants to talk to the guy in funny shoes, that hasn't shaved, and is wearing an H&K Training t-shirt with a rifle on it.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

canio6 Guest
    LOL That sucks you got no comments man. Nice shoes.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Those look sweet!
    Georgette

Bad news on the show front. My oldest has asked that I not wear them to pick her up from school. She is worried about what the other kids and their parents would say. She was very sweet about the way asked, and was worried she would upset me. i told her not to worry, I would wear my regular shoes to pick her up. Funny enough, she really likes them and says it's OK to wear them to play and the park and other places, or to go to the store....just not at school. School can be hard enough for kids, and I don't want to make it harder. I'd rather help her come around on her own to not care what others think.

Today's workout:

Max rounds in 20 minutes
    10 KB Snatches(5 each side)
    5 push-ups
    5 pull-ups
    5 Sandbag thrusters

This workout kicked my ass for only being 20 minutes long. I was happy with the pace I kept, and didn't slack off. Only problem was I found it impossible to keep track of how many rounds I did, so I have no clue what number to try and beat next time. Oh well. Did a warm of swinging a sledgehammer and using a chainsaw(aka doing work in the yard).

I have dinner cooking right now. It's boneless skinless chicken thighs. I put some salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika on them and then wrapped them in bacon. Not sure how they will turn out, but they smell awesome cooking.

Update: Chicken wrapped in bacon is fucking awesome. Although, I guess most things wrapped in bacon are awesome. I'd probably eat my own hand if it were wrapped in bacon.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Dude, try butterflying the chicken, filling it with 3/4-cooked ground pork as a centre, and THEN wrapping it all up in bacon and tossing it in the oven. It - is - awesome.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Dude, try butterflying the chicken, filling it with 3/4-cooked ground pork as a centre, and THEN wrapping it all up in bacon and tossing it in the oven. It - is - awesome.
    Holy mother of fuck, that sounds good! I MUST HAVE IT!!!

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Also, nice Vibrams! I miss my black KSOs. My Sport-Treks are okay... but not quite as comfy.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)