Page 83 of 194 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 83

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Seriously, man... Canadians contribute more to Florida's GDP (or whatever) than the export of oranges do.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    haha...yes, I suppose I should be thanking you and countrymen for spending your dollars down here(especially since I'm sure the Canadian dollar is worth more than ours right now). Since half the houses here are in foreclosure and no one is paying their property taxes, the tourist money is all that's keeping the state afloat. Besides, it gives my wife a chance to use the French she took back in high school.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Today's workout:

4 sets each side w/KB's of 5 Swings, 5 High-pulls, 5 Snatches, 5 Clean and Press, 5 Lunges
    Push-ups, 25-25-15-15
    Pull-ups, 10-10-7
    Bulgarian bag Front Squats, 3 x 20

Today's workout felt meh. Not my best day, so didn't really do a lot. Didn't sleep well last night. Lots of coughing, drainage, and upper chest congestion. A little left over today, but not bad. Just tired from lack of sleep. Is it possible the others weren't just kidding, and Canio got us all sick through the internet? I mean, I've heard it is just a serious of tubes connecting us, so I guess in theory it is possible.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

So Guinness is Primal, right? Had 4 pints last night in honor of the day. I know, I'm a light weight and I'm a disgrace to my family heritage. 4 was plenty for me. I enjoyed them and didn't have to worry about the negative effects in the morning.

Took the kids to a birthday party yesterday at one of the oldest's classmates house. I've never seen people act so weird that I didn't want to eat the crap they were serving. If it's my birthday, my kids, my wife, or anyone I give a crap about, I can see a good excuse to indulge in crap. But I don't even know you people, so don't act all offended that I said no to the Papa John's Pizza. It's not like you slaved away in the kitchen making it yourself. The 5 foot tall 300 lb grandmother said "oh don't worry, it wont make you fat." Yeah, I know it wont make me fat(cuz i ain't eatin' it), but it is doing a number on you.

Workout later today. Going to do more of a conditioning/tabata filled thing today.

Oh, in other new, I finally ordered me a pair of VFF's. On sale for $70 with free shipping, so not too bad. Like i said before, less of a stigma to be the guy with funny shoes than the nut running around with no shoes.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    4 is a respectable number. No shame in that. As for Papa John's...do you have any idea how long they slaved over that cold phone to order that pizza?! They were on hold for 45 seconds! Forty. Five. Seconds!

Grats on the VFFs, but they are not funny shoes. They are awesome shoes.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    As for Papa John's...do you have any idea how long they slaved over that cold phone to order that pizza?! They were on hold for 45 seconds! Forty. Five. Seconds!
    Now that is funny stuff. I actually snorted trying not to laugh, and got weird looks from the family.

And I agree about the shoes. I don't think they are funny looking at all, but i know how most people are. 4 is a respectable number now, but there was a time I would go down to the pub and finish off a dozen or so before going home. Ah, the good old days. Wish I could remember them, but they're pretty blurry. I think about my grandfather, him and his family came over from Ireland and settled in West Texas where he married him a little Mexican girl(grandma) who made him quit drinking whiskey. But according to him he could still drink all the Mexican beer he wanted "because that's not really drinking."

Well, no workout today after all. Somehow I managed to twist my back just right(or just wrong, i guess) while doing absolutely nothing. I think I was taking something out of the fridge and out of nowhere pain comes. It's not really bad or anything, but I figure I won't be my normal idiot self and do something(usually kettlebell related) to aggravate it and turn a mild discomfort into major pain. Tomorrow I'll be good i'm sure.

That all sounds like great news to me, Dave! Which VFFs did ya get? I liked my KSOs, but I'm really enjoying my Treks. They're holding up a bit better -- they're a tad more rugged.

As for drinkin', I've been drunk for like 36 hours. Go go Bushmills! Weeeee!
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

36 hours! Holy shit!!! I am impressed.

Went with the KSO's. They seem pretty good for my needs. There were some other ones that I liked, but the KSO's were on sale, so I stuck with them.

Today's workout:

Quadruple Tabata KB Snatches
    2 min rest
    10 rounds of 3 Pull-ups(alternated with Chin-ups), 5 Push-ups, 5 Squats. Time: 4:28
    2 min rest
    Tabata KB Swings

Felt good today, worked out fasted(about 16 or 17 hours). Not planned, just worked out that way. I liked the way I felt. Short workout today, but a lot of bang for my buck. With rest periods included we are looking at 28:28 for the whole thing.

Yeah I think KSOs are the best, too. I like mine alright but there's an annoying tag in the heels.