Page 82 of 196 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 82

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The $85 price tag has been the biggest hurdle. I've tried to explain that I'm perfectly able to look where I'm going and not step on shit. For some reason she sees the streets as being covered with tons of dangerous debris, and I'm am basically running through a mine field. I'm like "Where the hell do you think we live?" It's a nice, quiet, clean suburban neighborhood. She doesn't even like to go in our own backyard without shoes(There might be bees, or a rock!!!)

Oh, and drop-kicking a meat grinder? Now I know what I'm doing this weekend!!!
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I'm out barefoot in summer most of the time. Been that way since I was little.
    Georgette

So true.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    haha that is worth keeping, thanks!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

canio6 Guest
    LOL nicely done Dave. Awesome.

Today's workout:

Tabata Snatches X 2
    Tabata Swings X 2
    Pull-ups, 10-10-10-7
    Push-ups, 25-25-20-20-
    Dumbbell Rows, 3 x 10
    Sandbag Thrusters, 3 x 10
    Split Squats w/Bulgarian bag, 3 x 10

So worked out earlier in the day, only a couple of hours after breakfast. Felt a little sluggish at the start. I feel better in a bit more of a fasted stated. Either before eating breakfast in the morning, or with a good 6-8 hours without eating. I'm pretty sure that works best for me.

Last night for dinner I made flat iron steaks(just a quick sear in the skillet), mashed sweet potatoes, and a salad. The sweet potatoes came out really good. I put just a bit of honey in with some cinnamon. Not so much honey as to make them super sweet, but a table spoon or two for the pot. My wife complained that her steak was too rare. I even left hers in longer that mine. I thought it looked like a good medium rare-almost full medium. Over cooking a steak is blasphemy, and I won't do it.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Over cooking a steak is blasphemy, and I won't do it.
    May all the gods of this Earth bless ye.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Today's Workout:

100 Snatches - Time: 4:49
    150 Swings - Time: 6:10
    Double KB Clean and press, 3 x 10
    Pull-ups, 11-10-8-7
    Push-ups, 30-20-20-15
    Split Squats w/Bulgarian Bag, 3 x 10

Felt good today, especially considering I am getting over a grain/sugar hangover. It was the wife's B-day yesterday and it was the kids choice for the party. Pizza, cake and ice cream, and roasted marshmallows around the fire pit in the backyard. We all had a good time. I'm beyond the point of feeling guilty about what I eat or worrying about gaining weight again, but I know when I eat that crap I'm going to feel like shit after. It's like when I used to get drunk, I knew what was coming after but did it anyway.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    So well said, Dave. I get that "why did I do this again?!" feeling. SAD Remorse, as it were.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    No workout today, just relaxing. Yesterday we went to the beach. Yeah, suck on that all you yankee snow birds!!! It was fun. There were some pretty big swells coming in, so not a lot of swimming. the kids had a lot of fun just standing in knee deep eater and letting the waves come in a knock them down. Lots of sandcastle building also. I put sunscreen on the kids, but none on myself. Got a little pick on the back of the neck and shoulders, but not like a real sunburn or anything. After the beach I rented a canoe and took them for a ride back through the mangrove canals to look at some wildlife. All in all, everyone had fun.

Oh, and Patrick would have felt right at home there. I think I saw more Canadian tags on cars then I saw Florida tags.

So no workout today, but I got some workout yesterday standing in the waves and holding the kids(really works the core), so I guess that counts.