Page 81 of 192 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 81

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    They are normally pretty good, but have been known to be demon spawn on occasion.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Today's workout:

Turkish Get-Ups, 10 each side
    Double KB Clean and Press, 3 x 10
    Pull-ups, 10-10-8-8-6-6
    Push-ups, 25-25-15-15-10-10
    Double KB Front Squats, 3 x 10

Good workout today, but more mellow on the intensity level. I figure I should have some days like this to make sure I get good recovery.

There is a roast in the crock-pot with carrots and onions that will be done in just a little bit. It smells so damn good it's driving me crazy. I'll have to try very hard not to over eat.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    There is a roast in the crock-pot with carrots and onions that will be done in just a little bit. It smells so damn good it's driving me crazy. I'll have to try very hard not to over eat.
    Good luck with that man. Roast = tasmanian devil eating mode.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

If I can stop after only about a pound and a half I'll be happy with myself.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    If I can stop after only about a pound and a half I'll be happy with myself.
    Oh, now that kind of restraint I can respect.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Oh, now that kind of restraint I can respect.
    Haha! Damn right.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Today's workout:

50 Burpees - Time= 2:28
    100 Snatches - Time= 5:50
    150 Swings - Time= 7:00
    Pull-ups, 10-10-9
    Push-ups, 36-25-15
    Bulgarian bag front squats, 5 x 10

Felt good today. I'll tell you though, the burpees in the beginning take it out of you before going into the snatches.

RIBEYE STEAKS WERE ON SALE TODAY . Do I need to say more. That with either a salad or some of the leftover carrots and onions from the pot roast(or maybe both).

Today's workout:

100 Snatches - Time: 4:46
    100 Swings - Time: 4:04
    Single KB clean and snatch, 3 x 10
    Pull-ups,4 x 10
    Push-ups, 30-25-20
    Dumbbell rows, 3 x 10
    Squats w/ heavy bag on shoulder and KB in other hand, 4 x 10
    Bulgarian bag squats, 2 x 20

So, on the pull-ups I did 10 on all 4 sets. That means that either there was less gravity in my backyard today, or I'm making some progress . I also felt like I could have done even faster on the snatches and swings, but i wasn't trying to kill myself. I spent all day yesterday with a serious headache and some back stiffness, don't know what from, so I didn't want to totally destroy myself. It sucked because I had actually wanted to take a couple mile run. It had rained really hard earlier, and I like the feeling of running the damp cool pavement.

Just ate dinner, ribeye and a salad big enough to feed a family of 6. Going to give the ribeye bone to the pup as a treat later. she goes fucking nuts for them.

Well here it is March 5 and what do my kids want to watch on TV? Nightmare Before Christmas! At least the movie doesn't suck. Thankfully they don't want Barney or some shit like that. Nope, my kids would rather have Scooby Do, they make me proud.

Went for a nice easy 2 mile run today. Just a little over 18 minutes. Not blazing speed, but not bad for someone who doesn't run that much. My wife may break down and let me get some VFF's. First, she is sure that i am bound to come home with a rusty nail through my foot. I tried to say that i do have eyes and can look where I step, but she isn't buying it. Second, I guess there is less of a stigma to having the husband that wears the funny looking shoes than having the husband running around with NO shoes.

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Second, I guess there is less of a stigma to having the husband that wears the funny looking shoes than having the husband running around with NO shoes.
    I'd push that angle.

As for stepping on something, tell her a fully-soled running shoe will stop a nail about as well as covering your eyes will stop a bear mauling.

I barefoot run over gravel and have run over broken glass (by accident) without issue. It's not like we're drop-kicking a meat grinder here.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)