Page 80 of 196 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 80

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Today's workout:

10 rounds of: Sledgehammer slams(5 left, 5 right), KB Snatches(5 left 5 right), 5 push-ups. Time= 13:13
    10 rounds of: 5 Burpees, 3 pull-ups. Time= 4:53
    Lunges with Bulgarian bag, 2 laps around back yard, 1 min rest, 2 more laps around yard
    10 rounds of: 5 push -ups, 5 KB swings. Time= 3:38

Short and sweet today, and by sweet I mean intense. No more that 1 min rest before starting the next group of exercises.

Between the little to no rain lately, and the dog tearing up the grass, the back yard is almost all dirt. By the time I'm done, I'm covered from head to toe in dirt. Plenty of funny looks from the neighbors today. The kid across the lake from me, who's mother doesn't allow him to get dirty, had a look of horror combined with curiosity on his face. He still seemed a little afraid to make eye contact with me even though he had to keep watching. My kids on the other hand were getting dirty on their own while helping count my reps.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

My wife had asked "why is it that we have 3 jars full of bacon grease in the refrigerator?" Isn't the answer obvious? Because we only have 3 jars....Duh!

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    My wife had asked "why is it that we have 3 jars full of bacon grease in the refrigerator?" Isn't the answer obvious? Because we only have 3 jars....Duh!
    LOL, you should have told her its a great moisturizer just to see what her reaction would be.
    Georgette

canio6 Guest
    LMAO. That is hilarious.

The Squatty Potty

Now that's what I'm talking about!!

Today's Workout:

50 Burpees: Time= 2:52
    100 KB Snatches: Time= 5:50
    200 KB Swings: Time= 8:34
    10 rounds of 3 pull-ups and 5 push-ups: Time= 3:50
    walking lunges w/bulgarian bag, 2 laps around the back yard: Time= 2:40

Another day focusing more on conditioning. Very short breaks between each thing, just enough to catch my breath and maybe take a sip of water. Short and intense.

So, I was checking out the Squatty Potty(See previous entry) and they have a less expensive plastic one for like $30. I think I might actually get one. Yes, I know it would be easy enough to go to Home Depot and make one for myself, but let's be honest, I still haven't built my pull-up bar(still doing them on the swing set) or the T-bar like Patrick built. If I wait until I make one myself, it's going to be a while. $30 may be a small price to pay for my laziness.

While I was working out, my kids decided to join in. Picking up small logs to do overhead presses, push-ups, jumping jacks, and jumping rope. Made me proud. Oh yeah, I jumped rope for a little bit before the workout for a warm up. Since I work out barefoot, and my jump rope is made of nylon, it hurts like a motherfucker when it hits your foot. So, I need to get one actually made of rope or wear shoes when I use it. The kid's one is rope, but it's a little short for me, and I don't really want to work out with a Dora the Explorer jump rope.

My daughter's school is having a family night/fundraiser at, where else, Chilli's. I can't get away from that damn restaurant! But her friends and her teacher are all going, so she really wants to go. I've learned my lesson though. No appetizers and going to try and keep it as Primal as possible. Fajitas w/out tortillas or steak and veges.

canio6 Guest
    My daughter's school is having a family night/fundraiser at, where else, Chilli's. I can't get away from that damn restaurant! But her friends and her teacher are all going, so she really wants to go. I've learned my lesson though. No appetizers and going to try and keep it as Primal as possible. Fajitas w/out tortillas or steak and veges.
    Sounds like a plan. Is the owner of Chili's on the school board or something?

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Is the owner of Chili's on the school board or something?
    No, not that I know of. It was one of those things when they donate 20% to the school(or PTA, or something) for coming on this day. I don't mind being in there with my kids, but other peoples kids bug me.

canio6 Guest
    I don't mind being in there with my kids, but other peoples kids bug me.
    Amen brother. Sadly for me they are all other people's kids. (Though I am sure yours are wonderful) >.>