Page 79 of 196 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 79

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    Thought this was funny.

I showed that to my 13 yr old and she thought that sign was talking about humans at first. I explained it to her and she was like, "that makes sense". Then she laughed lol.
    Georgette

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Today's workout:

3 sets each side of 5 KB swings, 5 high pulls, 5 snatches, 5 clean and press, 5 lunges
    Push-ups, 25-25-15-15-10-10
    Pull-ups, 10-8-7-6-6-5
    KB front squats, 5 sets of 10
    KB swings, 2 sets of 50

Not bad today. Not the most intense or fancy workout, but it got the job done.

Had a few more "workouts" over the last few days. One day was rebuilding the bottom half of the garage door, and another was another round of tree cutting and hauling it all out to the curb. Had my father in laws help this time, so he insisted on getting the chainsaw working to use it. They watched the kids for us yesterday and we actually got to go out and have lunch together. With it being the holiday weekend every restaurant had a huge line ahead of us, so we ended up settling on Chilli's. I had planned on sticking with the fajitas without the tortillas, but the wife wanted an appetizer. She got the Southwestern Eggrolls, and yes i had some, Flour tortilla, corn, beans, and all. I payed for it later with the bloating and gas. i guess my gas made the whole family pay for my cheating. I'm not worried about it, all well within my 20%. I will be back to my usual 99.9% though.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Like you said, you're usually a strict adherent -- part of an appetizer! Pfft. Me? I have my days. I'd really like to have some decent definition by June 3, the Spartan Race, so I've been staying pretty damn Primal. Only regular "off" thing is honey in my morning coffee and that's not even "off," so.... yeah, I guess I've been doing alright, too.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Only regular "off" thing is honey in my morning coffee
    Speaking of honey, I found some raw wild flower honey from a local bee keeper at a near by farmer's market. The last week I have been adding a teaspoon of it into my morning coffee, so a couple of teaspoons a day. But like you said, it's not really "off".

Ok, my oldest got a certificate at school for a free diner at Chili's, so we had to go....AGAIN. I did a little worse than part of an appetizer. Chips and salsa, and jalapeno bacon cheddar burger with fries. Oh well...carb re-feed, right? And yes, I feel kind of crappy and sluggish right now. I always get so dehydrated feeling after eating shitty like this. I must have drank a gallon already. I'm at the point where I'm not worried about my weight and being out of shape anymore, so I don't sweat days like today. But I will say this, It reminds me how much better I feel eating clean. Even if I never had to worry about getting fat ever again, I would never go back to the old ways for so many more reasons now.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Dude, it's gotta be a full moon or something. I just ate a pizza. (Okay, it was pretty small (@900 calories) and I heaped veggies on it, but still!) I blame having drunk a quarter of a 26er of Wiser's. Mmmm... whiskey.

I feel fuckin' gross now. Think I'll go for a nice long walk in the cold and read some Seneca tonight before bed. Not that it'll even things out but shit... I need an injection of Stoic perspective.

At least I've got mandolin and kickboxing tomorrow night.

Oh god my insides hurt.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

It must have been more than just a full moon, more like a sign of the coming apocalypse. Everyone wanted a treat last night, so of course dad can't say no. ICE CREAM FOR EVERYONE. I ate an entire pint of Haagen Daz caramel cone ice cream. OH GOD, THE HORROR!!! Then, just to make sure the coffin was nailed tight, I had 4 of those cookies with the M&M's in them. This was definitely a sign that the anti-christ was coming, and I'm pretty sure he was growing in my bowels last night. I think a week of a more ketogenic eating plan is in order. No more honey in the coffee for a little bit[wipes tear from eye].

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    It must have been more than just a full moon, more like a sign of the coming apocalypse. Everyone wanted a treat last night, so of course dad can't say no. ICE CREAM FOR EVERYONE. I ate an entire pint of Haagen Daz caramel cone ice cream. OH GOD, THE HORROR!!! Then, just to make sure the coffin was nailed tight, I had 4 of those cookies with the M&M's in them. This was definitely a sign that the anti-christ was coming, and I'm pretty sure he was growing in my bowels last night. I think a week of a more ketogenic eating plan is in order. No more honey in the coffee for a little bit[wipes tear from eye].
    You should definitely spend at least an hour self-flagellating with a celery stick while chanting, "Ice cream is the debil's food" over and over. That is sad about the honey though. *man tear*

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    You should definitely spend at least an hour self-flagellating with a celery stick while chanting, "Ice cream is the debil's food" over and over. That is sad about the honey though. *man tear*
    Man tear followed by the *man sniffle*? I've just decided to basically screw it and wait until Sunday to go redux on primal. Still working on getting at least one-two good primal meals a day.
    Georgette

Today's workout:

Tabata KB Snatches
    1 min rest
    Triple Tabata KB Snatches(had to drop to the 35 for these, 12 min is a long time)
    1 min rest
    10 rounds of 3 pull-ups and 5 push-ups
    2 min rest(had to chase a snake of the patio)
    10 rounds of 3 pull-ups and 5 push-ups
    1 min rest
    Bulgarian bag front squats, 3 x 20 - 30 sec rest between sets

Today was more of a conditioning day. I think I need more of them.

Another observation, for most of the early part of the day I had a lot of lower back pain. Something I used to have regularly. I had assumed it went away with the losing all the weight from my belly. Could it actually have been more of an inflammation thing that flared up from all the wheat consumption? Who knows. All the more reason to avoid wheat, just in case.
    Last edited by skink531; 02-23-2012 at 06:39 PM. Reason: i keep typing the wrong thing

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Very well could be the inflammation for the wheat. I know that for the past few days, I've had some very odd aches and pains myself. All I know is that come Sunday, I am doing a very meaty detox
    Georgette