Page 78 of 194 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast

Thread: Skink's Primal Journal page 78

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I've been terrible lately. I gotta get my shit sorted out.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I've been terrible lately. I gotta get my shit sorted out.
    Well, you better straighten up right fucking now!!!

You know I really have no trouble staying really strict. The way i see it, compared to most people, I eat a feast just about every night.

Geo, your talk of weigh ins brought back some bad flash backs to my wrestling days and making weight. I'm convinced I had an eating disorder when I was younger. I was single digit body fat and still saw myself needing to lose. At one point I was at 4 1/2 percent. When i find an old picture now I see I looked like an anatomy chart(It's not very attractive). I think it led to the point where i finally went the complete opposite direction with my food, and when I did start getting fat I was just becoming how I already kind of saw myself. Not that I'm saying anything like that about your weigh-in, just saying that is what went running through the old coconut. But hey, wrestling is the reason I went to college, so there you go.

No workout today. Going to give the soreness another day to fade. I'll save it for tomorrow.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Today's workout:

Push-ups, 25-25-20-15-15
    Pull-ups, 10-8-6-6-5-5
    Overhead See-saw press, 3 sets of 10
    Dumbbell rows, 3 sets of 10
    Split suqats w/KB's, 3 sets of 10
    KB swings, 3 sets of 50

Harder workout today than I thought it would be. Was a bit nauseous after all the swings. Felt good though.

Gonna eat dinner here in a bit and then it's off to work tonight(only 8 hours, thankfully). I've decided I really need to win the lottery so I can devote my life to furthering the Primal principals.

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Just save some money for the Primal camping happening up here at Algonquin Park in summer of 2013.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Today's workout:

Push-ups, 25-25-15-15-10-10
    Pull-ups, 10-9-7-6-5
    Double KB clean and press, 3 sets of 8
    Dumbbell rows, 3 sets of 10
    Split Squats with KB's, 4 sets of 10 each side
    KB Swings, 3 sets of 50

Good workout today. I'd just like to add that doing long sets of swings at the end of the workout puts a whole new swing(no pun intended) on the workout. Next time I'll do some Tabatas as a finish. Also, I keep saying I want to add some more runs in, but still haven't done it. I need to stop being so lazy and do it.

Thought this was funny.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    LMAO. Now that is comedy.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Well, I have worked out since my last entry, but between ma being lazy and the site going down, they never got put in. Oh well. They were good.

Today's workout:

Tabata Snatches
    Push-ups, 25-25-15-15
    Tabata Snatches
    Pull-ups, 10-8-5-5
    Tabata Swings
    Sandbag Thrusters, 4 sets of 10
    Tabata Swings

Felt good today, kept at a fast pace.

I was hungry for lunch today, so I finished of the leftover roasted chicken from the other night. My wife apparently does not approve of my flinging chunks of meat across the room to the dog(or my lack of eating utensils). I imagine it must have been similar with our hunter gatherer ancestors with the first dogs that hung around the camp. So I compromised and put some in her bowl and poured some of the drippings over top of the food. That was one happy dog.

Yesterday ended up with a sort of spontaneous primal workout. I needed to clear some branches and trees out of the backyard(translated: my wife told me to clear some branches and trees out of the backyard). Pretty soon after I was getting started the chainsaw decided to take a shit on me. Well, as anyone who knows me can tell you, I am always prepared for the soon coming Zombie Apocalypse, so of course I have an ax in the garage. I then spent about the next half hour to 45 minutes swinging the ax(about a 4 lb maul on it) and hauling trees and logs. It was actually kind of fun. I feel it a little today in the back and forearms.

Today's workout:

Tabata Snatches
    Push-ups,, 25-25-15-15
    Tabata Snatches
    Pull-ups, 10-8-6
    Dumbbell Rows, 3 x 10
    Sandbag Thrusters, 3 x 10
    KB Swings, 2 x 50

Felt good today. Kept the rest intervals short to keep intensity high. The 2nd set of 50 swings was a bitch though.

In-laws are in town for a visit. They will all be having pizza for dinner and I will be having a pork steak with sauteed onions and a giant salad. I used up all my cheats on Valentine's day.
    Last edited by skink531; 02-17-2012 at 01:18 PM. Reason: wrote the wrong damn thing cuz i'm stupid